Circuit Assembly Last Weekend.

by integ 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

This is the great irony of state funded religion: Any religion that recieves state funding MUST bend to the will of the state!

No religion that recieves state funds is "pure" or truly free.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Question here Bud, why do you go when you know they are false, its weird.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i got hit with this line this week. a long time friend used it. even if the jws are jerks, the FDS is run by holy spirit and it is God's org.. I told her i dedicated my life to God and his son jesus ,not to the WTS. She maintined of course it is still God's org.

• blondie
    blondie
    Speaking of the circuit assemblies--is there a a listing of circuit assembly dates for each area?

Sorry, there is not. Historically, I don't think there ever has been, at least not after 1950. There is a listing of the DCs though. Have someone call the local KH for you and find out. Blondie

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Gary and Poztate, you got that right! I hate the WTS.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Question here Bud, why do you go when you know they are false,

The questions about life and where do you go have been around for thousands of years.

As with many religions the WT claimed to know all the answers and to put your trust in them.

As with all religions but esp. the WT none have the answers to the complicated questions of life.

My personal thought is that if there is a god and he wants me to know something about life he better get his ass in gear and do a lot better job of telling me what's happening.

If the best he can do is the WT and the GB. we are in deep shit.

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

I'm very surprised the UN was mentioned by the DO in his talk. I thought the June WT had abandoned it (ie, we shouldn't speculate on who the Gog of Magog attack would be from. The most recently published comment about Gog of magog was the Isiaih book volume 1 which identified UN as source of attack).

Definitely weird.

trumangirl

• M.Bibleres
    M.Bibleres

Good comment Klaus Vollmer, M. Bibleres greeting you.

• boa
    boa

garybuss:

The Un doesn't matter, nothing matters except this question:

Do you believe the Governing Body represents the faithful and discreet slave and that the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation is the business God is using on earth today? If you say yes, you have to do as they say or be shunned. If you say no, you will be shunned.

I learned from you the other day to examine ASSUMPTIONS to get to the heart of a matter and your statement above does that - thank you.

Thank the beer gods I won't be going to anymore meetings, CA, DA, International DA, the memorial, the 'special' assembly day, etc, etc.

Poztate, I agree, if there is a TRUTH religiously about serving God, then there is no way I can see possible to ever justify that jws could have it. If it was still the TRUTH, then I'll be damned for sure cuz I can't imagine ever being a part of it again - IMPOSSIBLE!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit