Does anyone have a Pontiac Vibe?

by somebodylovesme 15 Replies latest jw friends

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

We are looking at getting one -- just wondered if anyone had any input/advice. :)

SLM

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Is this the set-up for some sort of dirty joke?

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

lol... nooooo, I must be dense. It's a real model, promise. We test drove one today and are thinking of buying it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    It's a real model, promise. We test drove one today and are thinking of buying it.

Oh that's just sick! Take your smut elsewhere young lady!

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

?????

:(

Okay... ummmmmm... it is a real car... ??? go to Yahoo and type it in. :(

Sorry, I was just looking for some advice, because I've never bought a new car before and I'm really anxious about it.

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/d/pontiac04vibe/model_overview.html?refsrc=iy/model/pontiac%20vibe

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol, sorry. I was just yankin your vibe.

I have no advice other than to be ruthless in seeking the best deal. If by taking an hour or two to "think about it", you save 200 bucks.... how often do you get a chance to make that kind of hourly wage?

Also, I was going to point out that the Japanese manufacturers just have a much longer and better record with making small cars... but then I noticed that the Vibe is a shared platform (suspension/frame/engine, and probably even the basic body style) with the Toyota Matrix. That's good news for you. Basically, you're getting a Toyota for the price of a Pontiac. Since pontiac could never sell these cars as readily as Toyota can, the pontiac model is going to be cheaper.

• somebodylovesme
    somebodylovesme

*whew* glad you were just kidding... I am a dork. :)

Yeah, my hubby wanted to get a Toyota, and I LOVE Pontiacs, so this was the natural choice. I didn't like the exterior at first, but then we got inside, and I can't believe how roomy it is. Awesome. I've done some Internet research on the safety ratings and such, and so far, it looks good.

Thanks... I am off to bed now.

SLM

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Umm... I rented the Toyota version and was disappointed. Noisy, underpowered - it was not up to Toyota standards. Seemed more GM than Toyota - and I am not a GM fan (FYI).

• Elders_Kid
    Elders_Kid

I have an all wheel drive Vibe. Bought it at the beginning of December and have put almost 7000 miles on it already. Other than being a bit under powered I have no complains. It has a lot of Toyota influence in it, so if you are used to the average Pontiac there will be a few changes. I had a hard time getting used to the automatic headlights. I disconnected them but the daytime running lights were so bright that I forgot to turn on my headlights, so I reconnected them. I really like the fold down seats, makes it nice for hauling things.

Overall I am very satisfied with it and would give it a recomendation, would be nice to see it with a more powerful engine though. Just don't think "service car" when you are looking at it and it will be just fine.

-EK

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hmmm... I think I'd like a Hummer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit