Why Did Elders Split Book Study's?

by shamus 18 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Collectively, you guys are putting it all together! In reality, it's an awful job

trying to please everybody, including whatever egocentric spiritual predator happens

to be C.O.

First, the Society HATES big book studies - it's a control issue. With smaller groups,

more people feel obligated because of peer pressure to show up, "to support the group".

Yes, most congregations have one or two good teachers, who encourage "goody night"

with snacks afterward. And yes, lots of Witnesses can't stand each other, so you can't

stick them in the same book study ( This includes elder's wives).

In addition, often Sister Dumba$$ gets fed up with Sister Welfare's kids tracking

in mud, writing on the walls with pen and stealing things from the bathroom.

Besides all that, she's just tired of having to show up for every meeting in her living

room and clean up the house 2 or 3 times a week.

and so it goes, in Watchtower-land

metatron

• shamus
    shamus

Well;

Those pricks used to split us up all the freakin' time. Just when you would get used to it, they would break it up, sometimes they would tell you at the Theocratic Bullshit School and that was that, LOL!

So why did they do it? People used to get really pissed off about it; especially me. You would just get used to some people, and get along with them, then they want you to brother weirdo's bookstudy.

Why oh why did they do that?

Perhaps I am the only one that noticed it. I found it quite stupid, frankly.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Shamus, my sister and I had Book Study Assignment woes too - she just does as she's told and stays calm and respectful; I got mad and upset about it. Of course I wanted to be in the "good" Book Study - who wouldn't? Who wants a boring conductor and poor reader?

Who wants to drive across town when there's a Book Study around the corner, with people you're comfortable with? They never want you to just enjoy yourself -- you're supposed to always be "working" at it. Supporting others. Doing as you're told. Supporting others is a good idea, but there should be some enjoyment in worship, too.

The brothers in my last Hall were all okay with letting me attend where I was comfortable, except for the one brother who had the authority and responsibility for creating the "right" mix in all the book studies, and he said he was sorry, but he couldn't allow me to attend the group I lived near. He said they had to spread the "commenters" around, and they had to have "strong" and "weaker" ones, strong families mixed with families who (supposedly) needed assistance of some sort, brothers, sisters, etc., yada, yada, yada, in the various kindergarten classes called Book Studies. The ONLY thing I was strong in was study, comprehension, and commenting, so supposedly I was in the "commenter" category. But we all know they tell you whatever they think will work without offending you....

• blondie
    blondie
    The ONLY thing I was strong in was study, comprehension, and commenting, so supposedly I was in the "commenter" category.

I was so bad seeit, that I stopped commenting one time when they changed me and used that line on me. I could see the beads of sweat roll down the face of the conductor when no one else would answer. I finally got switched back.

Blondie

(Personally I can't think why they aren't all dancing a jig now that I don't come to the meetings)

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

LOL Blondie! Good for you! I never had the guts to defy them...but glad you did!!

• Prefect
    Prefect

Has this ever happened to anyone? In the latest reshuffle we have not been written on the list but have been told by the BSO that from the 16th March we are no longer in his group. He says he does not know where we are assigned but we haven't been forgotten and will be told. The list was posted three weeks ago but no phone call received as yet. What a loving brotherhood!!!!!

• willyloman
    willyloman

Prefect: Welcome to the board!

Yes, that kind of thing happens in other congregations, too. No communication, no respect for people's feelings or schedules. One time I was away on vacation for two weeks, and when I came back I was moved to another book study much further from my home. And I was the book study conductor!

• shamus
    shamus

Wilywoman,

That is what I was saying. They shuffled us around like cattle, and would give us ZERO notice. Sometimes it was at the Theocratic Ministry School when they would announce it, effective the very next bookstudy.

Gee, thanks elders.

• core
    core

COngregation Service Committee responsible for Group Study make-up and any rearrangements - some are sensible but many are control freaks - then again some with BS in their home complain about some and get them moved - whole arrangement stinks - who wants a group of weirdos turning up every week and hanging around after the study - we had BS for years in our house - what a drag!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit