Do you ever feel like a member of the XJW cult??

by DIM 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Yes i do ,it makes me mad that that i got sucked into it ,that i had a part in recruiting others and having my kids for years listen and be raised for years in that crap.Yes i feel i am an x- cult member and i hate the feeling. KLS

• SYN
    SYN

Personally, these days most of the stuff here is only mildly interesting, but I've made so many good friends and know so many cool people here that I sometimes come just for the company! And of course, there's nothing better than writing a Watchtower literature parody And of course, you do occasionally get little gems on this board, now and again, like the UN thing, etc etc. So I reckon it's worth it

• flower
    flower

I dont think its something that I can just get over and move on from especially since I invested and lost so much to the cult. Its like starting life from the beginning and no one in the world understands what that is like except for the xjw community. That is why I hang around after all this time.

I dont feel like this is an exjw cult...everyone here has the freedom to believe whatever they want.

Besides I wear my scarlet "A" with pride ;)

• Carmel
    Carmel

Been out for 46 years so my identity is not bound up with being an X anything. I too enjoy the exchange of ideas, sometimes the JW bashing gets a little thick, but what the hey, but for the alignment of the stars, there goes I.

carmel

• toreador
    toreador

I have been out for about a couple years and for me it is all about learning about what makes the org tick and the help from the posters who have been there. Seeing that we are not alone in the pain that we feel from loved ones in the org who now shun us.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hey, I feel the $20 I pay Simon a month for membership to the board is well worth it.

• cypher50
    cypher50

I do post here a lot and read here a lot...but I don't feel like I just joined another cult. The difference between being a Jehovah's Witness & being here is I have a choice to express my views...I have a choice to leave here and never talk about being a JW without being condemned for making that choice...and my opinions are respected as long as they are researched. That is why I wouldn't call it a cult...

Besides, the fact is that my life is so freaking strange (just from being a JW) that I find that only XJWs actually understand the range of motions & events I am going through. So, I think it is healthy to find out why you rejected the religion, why you didn't agree with its flawed doctrines, why you were willing to undergo the pychological pressure (even psychological torture in some cases) to disagree with & leave the WTS. If you don't & try to push it to the back burner of your mind then it will eventually come back to haunt you in other ways.

• pudd
    pudd

When I first stopped going to meetings and began researching all the stuff about the sociaty; I was worried that I was joining into an ex J.W. cult type situation.

Now though I just think it is great to be able to get to know lots of different people from all walks of life that have this on thing in common.

Few people who have not been witnesses could fully understand that part of my life. On here most do. I find it very helpful, and reasuring

Thanks guys!

Pudd

• Carmel
    Carmel

I wonder if any of the other high control religious groups have the long lasting affect on its escapees. I know there are a lot of de-programing groups around the country, but don't have any direct access to the issues they deal with. I wonder if an X-scientologist suffers from the same hold-over crap that many Xdubbies do? Anyone?

carm

• Special K
    Special K

I ditto Franklins post.... and couldn't have written any better than he so.......I quote you Franklin

"

"it is part of who we are; our back ground; however harmless, it is still there.

I have been out for 20 years and have recently discovered this forum. Yes, the JW part of my life is ancient history . I live in a completely different world and perspective of life than I had as a JW.

I enjoy the camaraderie on this forum, and enjoy the communication with others who have shared our very unique experiences in life. "

I have been out for 11 years now....YEEHAH!!

sincerely Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit