km-april 2004

by Nocturne 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here as often as I would like, but I've been busy with other stuff. But I noticed something interesting in the km for April. In the section with suggestions for presentations, the one for the May 1st WT. I'm just going to paraphrase it, but it talks about religious leaders who involve themselves with politics in an attempt to improve society in general. It goes on to talk about what Jesus did when he was on earth concerning matters of politics. Considering the wtbts was affiliated with the UN, a political organization, and also their area of interest as an NGO was for human rights, isn't it hypocritical of them to talk down at other religions when they themselves have done the same thing? The more I look into things about the wts, the more they make me sick.

Nocturne

• gespro
    gespro

Here Here, Nocturne

I've been doing weekly research and the more I put together the past history of the Society, the less surprised I become. The sick feeling turns into 'Well, what did you expect' eventually.

It still leaves me devastated, sometimes...

g

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There is a truism that states that if you wish to elevate yourself, you must relegate your opponent.

So the WTS has to reduce the "religious leaders" in the eyes of those it's seeking to impress and by doing so they hope to come out on top.

Of course many people have seen through the lies and others are just now waking up to the fact that they've been lied to.

If you read the new book "The Four Presidents of the Watch Tower Society" you'll find heaps of evidence of that.

Cheers, Ozzie (of the eyes wide opened class)

• dustyb
    dustyb

ozzie has a point. if you are doing the same thing that your opponents are doing, the EXACT same damn thing, and you tell your followers you are doing it right, and they are doing it wrong, who's going to look good? Obviously the followers are going to say "hallelujah, thanks Jehovah for this being the TRUE organization!" but in reality, you are doing the exact same work, mebbe even a little less and someone else is starting to notice. because if you do less, the only true way to change your image without changing the output is by actually presenting the "bent truth" by telling followers that they're doing it wrong and we're doing it right. it all is about corporate power.

its what we used to do at Best Buy. We sold the same thing Circuit City did, but our product was "better". truth was, we was sellin exact same product, exact same price (sometimes more expensive), but we were able to justify it because the CUSTOMERS were loyal to us, they believed us and we exploited the hell out of them to get into their pocket books.

Easiest (and dirtiest way) to boost your image? Bend the "truth(tm)"

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D
    isn't it hypocritical of them to talk down at other religions when they themselves have done the same thing?

Of course.

But their own printed rules in their own mags don't apply to them.

What's good for the goose is never good for the gander

And I find that to be one of the most sickening aspects about the WTS.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I would be more surprised if they didn't make a hypocritical statement since all of their teachings thrive on it.

Devon

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

You have the KM for April already? Are you at Bethel or something?

Sorry, but the claim that the Society is or was in cahoots with the UN does not bother me. At least the UN accomplishes some good in the world.

Maybe the Society should join hands with the UN.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I'm not in Bethel, but I just got it. It's strange in my congregation, sometimes we'll get them a month or 2 in advance, other times we get it a week before the month.

And it's a fact that the wtbts was affiliated with the UN. Personally, there's nothing wrong with being an NGO affiliated with the UN. They do tons of good around the world. The problem here is hypocrisy. They call the UN the 'image of the wild beast', 'disguting thing', 'the product of Satan', yet they have no problem associating with them. Would you associate yourself with something you called a beast, a disgusting thing?

*** Watchtower 1999 May 1 p.15 "Let the Reader Use Discernment" ***

8 Demonstrating the confidence of Jehovah's servants that this prophecy would be fulfilled, The Watchtower of January 1, 1921, focused on it in connection with developments in the Middle East. Subsequently, in its December 15, 1929, issue, on page 374, The Watchtower definitively said: "The whole tendency of the League of Nations is to turn the people away from God and from Christ, and it is therefore a desolating thing, the product of Satan, and an abomination in the sight of God." So in 1919 "the disgusting thing" appeared. In time, the League gave way to the United Nations. Jehovah's Witnesses have long exposed these human peace organizations as disgusting in God's sight.

So, would God be pleased that his "true servants" on earth would be associated with an organization that they claim to turn people away from God?
  • itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

That's pretty interesting. I had heard on another site that the JWs side of the UN thing was they needed access to their library for researching different topics and the membership they had at that time was for that purpose, probably just a slick little explanation to placate the R&F.

• OHappyDay
    OHappyDay

Thanks, nocturne. I agree, our rhetoric gets us in trouble. It would have been better to have been upfront about the whole thing from the beginning.

The Society speaks out of both sides of its mouth. Like when it assures us that Jehovah accepts whatever service we can give, according to our circumstances, but then rants about "low hour publishers." Or, when it tells us not to compare our service to that of others, but then sets "national averages" before us.

It's like we're running around in circles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit