Are you more intelligent since you left?

by Nosferatu 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ever since leaving the JWs, I believe I've become much more intelligent. I now have to learn from my past mistakes rather than viewing my mistakes as a result of Satan's influence. I now know how to prevent myself from making the same mistakes rather than repeating them due to ignoring the facts.

• franklin J
    franklin J

Yes, Nos, I agree with you.

When I left I began to really think for the first time in my life. My mind was suddenly open to new ideas; perspectives; solutions. It was a "natural High".

• minimus
    minimus

I am as stupid as ever.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Respectfully disagree with the order. First, you get intelligent. Then you leave.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup!

• franklin J
    franklin J

good point willy-

but in my case; I had therapy for 2 years to deal with the "culture shock" of having to learn about the real world. I suppose it took courage and "intelligence" to walk out on everything I had ever thought was true and "right". The initial departure caused confusion and it took a few years for the fog to lift. But when it did, there was clear sailing.

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Intelligent? I dunno...but less dumb!

• new light
    new light

Hi Nos

I am definitely more intelligent since leaving the JW's. It's amazing, my thoughts are clearer, I can read faster and absorb more, and my speech has improved. I say what I mean with intelligent word choices (at least when compared to before) and don't use um's or like's nearly as often. The only reason I can think of is leaving the JW's and filling my head with normal reading and not that inane drivel falling out of Brooklyn.

Peace

New Light

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

almost impossible -- intelligence is not governed by lifes circumstances

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am more intelligent since I refuted what apostates say If you choose to refute truth just because it comes from an apostate (apostate from the organization BTW NOT the bible) that makes you very unintelligent IMHO --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit