Withdrawing community support in the congs

by purrpurr 65 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

So if they don't help people spiritually, emotionally or practically like a clergyman would, what is their function!

Someone has to collect the $$$$$.

Maybe it is all by design, or planned that way. The congregation or ''brotherhood" could never be at fault, it was always ""your own"" undoing per se.

That is true. It is by design, as many WT parrot lessons say pretty much what you observed. It is NEVER the responsibility of another person, it is ALWAYS your fault if you are left out, ignored, hurt, stumbled or whatever.

• Bobby2446
    Bobby2446

• Spiral
    Spiral

It's like they are starving their members, and then they wonder why they are all dying ("spiritually") and financially. I don't see any real community feeling or support in my Mom's congregation, it's as if no one cares (haha, they really don't care!). How long can this go on before they have no membership? I was worried that when I stepped in to help my Mom, I would be overrun with zealous brothers trying to run my life. It certainly hasn't happened, they don't seem to care at all now that she's not counting time. (I refuse to help her send in 15 minutes of made up time a month just to please them.)

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Hi Spiral, I will paste what I wrote previously - The GB knows that no matter how many years will pass by there will be thousands of people who fall into their trap. Its like scams. There are still people who give their personal information over the phone or emails. People only learn on their own mistakes. So with every new generation JWs will get more followers that they will use and throw away. After that there will be next generation and so on...πŸ˜ͺ

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

They used to be able to claim that the congregation was like a warm loving family. But that's so not the case now, so where's their usp? Where's the attraction for joining? Very very very few people are sitting at home wishing they knew their bible better (!) And I reckon none are sitting at home wishing they had to go out early on their day off, in a cold winter morning to knock on their neighbours doors and try to tell them stuff they don't want to hear.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Maybe the gb expect the r&f to be robots now? But the thing is, humans need a community and support. And if they don't get that in the cong.... then the r&f will start to go elsewhere for their emotional needs

• Spiral
    Spiral

AlexB, I do hear what you are saying. But I think the membership has shifted..... this congregation used to have 120 publishers, mostly hard working families with a bit of property, interests, extended family in the "truth", etc. Now it might be 60 people, older ones and ones on disability, etc. Stubborn ones that will die a JW because they've always been one. The town is growing (and SEVERAL new churches are being built) but the congregation is shrinking. I agree there will always be people who fall for scams and high control groups, but they can't even get a decent sized group together to fix up the hall and mow the grass these days. People just don't feel connected enough to care.

So if the GB doesn't add something attractive to what's on offer (you can't even have a companionable chat, a drink and a piece of cake after any of the meetings anymore) then people can find that and more at the church down the street.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

This religion had always been about getting people to push their products and propaganda never about people helping people. When they do do something for someone it’s becasue that congregation is different.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

A member can be sick and be away for months before anybody notices. It’s bad for the real devoted dubs but great for PIMO,s

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Spiral. Yes, I agree. Maybe then in a few decades the JW will become a smal group. Hopefully πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit