I got back from the memorial . . .

by neat blue dog 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It was pretty mundane for the most part, same songs, same outline. The only new thing they added was the video at the end, where Stephen Lett speaks to the visitors and commends them for coming and recommends they go to JWdotORG and also start a Bible study. They also showed a bar graph with figures increasing every year for JWs, memorial attendance and memorial partakers. He said that since the number of partakers has been steadily rising in recent years, it is proof of God's blessing and the nearness of the end, seeing as these figures can't be sustained for too many years without exceeding 144,000, therefore evidently the end must be close.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

What?!

The increasing number of partakers shows the end is near? It used to be the opposite. Your Memorial was way cooler than mine, if you can actually imagine that.

• EyesOpenHeartBroken
    EyesOpenHeartBroken

What are you talking about? There was no video played at the memorial I attended.

maybe your elders went rogue.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Fuck Lett, for years they said that less partakers ment we were getting closer and closer to the end.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

No video here either. Just as well...memorial was bad enough. It would have been way badder with GB Lett video!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

...true they used to say fewer partakers meant end was close...now they're saying more partakers means end is closer...what the hale!

• curiousconfused
    curiousconfused

No video in the UK......

• Downtowner
    Downtowner

No here either

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

He said that since the number of partakers has been steadily rising in recent years, it is proof of God's blessing and the nearness of the end,

That is the complete opposite of what they used to state, the number of partakers dying off was proof the end was near as they got closer to the end of the last Century .

• floridaborn
    floridaborn

Did he have a graph showing overlapping partakers? We didn’t have that part here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit