every meeting there's a new plea for money?!

by purrpurr 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kairos
    kairos

It started as a publishing company with unpaid salesmen.

Never forget that.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJIqZ9OL

0:30 "Stop thinking in terms of Bible-peddling"

1:40 "I wouldn't want to place it if you couldn't afford it."

2:22 " I wanna go on record, and I wanna tell you all, the next man goes off base with me, I'm gonna tag him out."

"A painfully truthful film." NY Daily News

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Yes, it's a problem in many areas, the fictitious expenses often exceed the real donations that are begrudgingly given after much harassment. Have you seen how stingy they are, few have a generous spirit and others take out their anger by not donating until "Jehovah take's actions against all the hardships the friends have endured.".

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Big payoffs from WT to child sexual abuse victims in the news.  I don't want to help them pay the settlements and fines, that's for sure.

Marina

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

When I was still an Elder I had many approach me about the excessive fees in using the Assm Hall for Cir Assemblies & SADs. (I guess that means I was approachable even about the things one isn't supposed to ask.)

The reality is that even the Elders are kept in the dark as to why the fees are so outrageous. There is no accountability. The Assm Hall Overseer simply tells the local Assm Overseer how much is expected to be paid. No details. No accountability.

I learned more from this site than I did sitting in the Circuit Business Meeting.

It's good that the R&F is beginning to see the abuse and misappropriation of their donations.

Doc

• flipper
    flipper
    It's a criminal organization creating criminals by extorting money from poor rank & file JW's. Period mark. Exclamation point
  • cultBgone
    cultBgone

PurrPurr, good to see you again.  Great topic, thanks for the post.

Kaik, thanks for sharing your mom's feelings, it helps us all to know that many of the dubs are questioning the money trail.

BerryGerry, thanks for sharing this great film clip.  Definitely sheds light on the fact that religion is a sales racket.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I remember questioning why the fees were so high to attend a society arranged trip to an international convention. I got no reply. Go figure. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit