"Sorry, sister; but the CO said he isn't going to visit anyone durind the Special Week."

by Tempest in a Teacup 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

We used to make a point of having the CO & wife come over for lunch during their Congregationā„¢ visits.

It all stopped when it was arranged for them to come, and an hour after the scheduled visit, they still hadn't arrived. Table set, food ready (okay, it was soup and a platter of various meats and cheeses for sandwiches, etc.), apartment spotless - and then he calls and said they'd been invited out to a restaurant, so they went there instead. No apology for bailing on us or making us wait. He asked if we could reschedule for the following day. I said that I had already made other plans for the next day. He made a snarky remark about that, to the effect that my priorities were out of order, and I replied that I could easily say the same about him, and hung up on him.

Even when we were asked after that to host the CO, I always declined and never, ever volunteered for that Privilegeā„¢ again.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander
    @ Scully: Wow!! That CO had some freakin' BALLS to actually question you about YOUR priorities, after the way he callously snubbed your efforts? Good for you on putting him in his place and hanging up on him. What a douchebag he was!! Feel the love.
  • username
    username
    I could never understand the Jesus complex everyone experienced when the CO was visiting. Pioneer sisters on their best behavior always arriving early. Elders being extra nice to the bah bah's when conducting the watchtower and other various question/answer segments, People who would look at you with that, you've got shit on your shoes look would actually give you a hanky to wipe said shit off, (figuratively speaking) Then as soon as CO had duly departed everything would return to normal service!
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I despise COs and their wives; as nice as the wife can be, make no mistake, she is in total cahoots with the 'company man', actually a spy oh sorts among the sisters.

No green handshake, meal offerings or any other special consideration from me! The last couple of times they've visited, we have has turned down invites to take them out to eat to local restaurants.

Conceited, condescending leeches!!!

SL

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Stupid question here:

Since when do the "Sheep" feed the "Shepherds"? I've yet to see that in the wild. As I recall, Jesus fed his flock, on more than one occasion.

Skip forward to present day:

Why do the shepherds (CO's, JW hierarchy) expect a free meal everywhere they go off the backs of the "sheep"??? Shouldn't these big shots be showing up, and then taking the SHEEP out to a buffet or something, as a show of gratitude for all of the hard-earned $$$$ that they donate all year long? Even the Jews got festivals and Jubilees, what exactly do modern-day JW's get? A literal fleecing, is all I see!!!!!!!!!

Even the charities I know of (United Way comes to mind) all have annual balls, dinners, awards, etc as a show of thanks to their contributors and volunteers. The JW's? "Why can you do, give, us more, More, MORE??" It is a sick, twisted, way of showing spiritual "love" if you ask me. It's like, "Hey b*tch, fetch me my chicken pot pie!"

Sheep feeding the Shepherds. Twisted, backwards, idiotic CULT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit