Another question for our gay members

by RubyTuesday 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Shamus, I think jst2laws was complimenting you on your posts by saying he pays a little MORE attention when it's your post, as do I -- you always have something interesting and insightful to say!

Nina

• shamus
    shamus

Why thank you, Nina. I'm all blushy now, LOL!

I know he was complimenting me; sorry if I seemed if I was angry at him. My social skills on the internet need adjusting.

Why does sexual orientation matter anyways? Did anyone ever know I was gay anyways? I certainly don't need to advertise it, or go to only "gay" health clubs, LOL!

Personally, I could give a damm what your sexual orientation is.

• Valis
    Valis
    Personally, I could give a damm what your sexual orientation is.

shamu...do we really wanna know what being BigTexual is really like? For the love of god man!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

ROFLMAO at Valis! Actually, all these threads about "gay" this and that are getting kind of annoying, because while I am hopeful that gay marriages will be allowed and the partners given equal rights with heterosexual marriage mates, I think if a subject is brought up too much that focuses on one group solely, then the possibility of hurt feelings come in. It starts to sound like the old phrase "why, some of my best friends are [gay][black][Aussie][Rasta]."

As for the gym discussion (that was THIS thread, wasn't it? now I'm getting confused) I belong to a coed gym. I have no problem dressing, undressing, and showering in front of a bunch of naked women. Some of them might be gay, but who cares? That's not what we're there for and the subject just doesn't come up! Now, I did take exception to this one smarmy little maintenance guy who tried to come into the women's locker room on the pretext of refilling a nonexistent paper towel holder, but he was obviously not there to work his abs.

Gays are people. Heterosexuals are people. Blacks, whites, and whatever other stereotypical colors you want to use are people. We all more or less follow the same rules for acceptable behavior (i.e., don't hit on someone in the shower unless it's your shower and they are there by invitation) and we all want to be treated with dignity. Whipped cream is optional.

Nina

• shamus
    shamus
    I think if a subject is brought up too much that focuses on one group solely, then the possibility of hurt feelings come in

I disagree with you, Cruzinheart. I think that people who constantly bring up they're beliefs and bring up gay threads have hidden desires of they're own; they're just too in the dark to realize it.

Maybe these gay bashers are like that guy from American Beauty, the crazy millitary man next-door, who is secretly gay but bashes them at every opportunity.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

That's all I have to say.

• Scully
    Scully

Ruby Tuesday writes:

Only gay or pro-gay members answer this question....so that things don't "get out of control".

What a clever way of finding out who here is gay or pro-gay.... NOT. I suppose it's beyond the realm of possibility to be just "pro"-being-considerate-of-others-regarding-sensitive-personal-issues? Your passive-aggressive agenda is soooo transparent.

What is your definition of...gay bashing?

I am very sincere about this...really want to know, I promise not to comment.

Aside from the obvious forms of violence directed at people for having a certain sexual orientation, I would also include the more subtle things...... such as someone asking intrusive questions about a person's sexual orientation that are none of your business to begin with. "Sincerely wanting to know" still doesn't make it any of your business to know who is gay or pro-gay, why they are gay, what it means to them to be gay, what kind of sex they like, etc etc.
    Love, Scully (of the pro-MYOB-class)
  • RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Scully: couldn't have put it better myself.

IF NO ONE could see...or notice, posts/threads of the last few weeks.....puh-lease!

The Search Feature on this forum, is most helpful.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/search.ashx

Enter any word, synonym and VOILA!, there you have it.

Bashing....lol....I'm teeheeing to myself here.

Want 10 pages, just use the word 'gay' in your thread. You'll get lots of attention.

Google: has plenty of entries....a few billion...I'm sure you'll find something there.

Best wishes.

**PS: could someone LOCK this thread? I request it. And if someone doesn't GET-IT, hit the search feature. link above, enter whatever homosexual/gay/synonym of your choice there. Enjoy the multiple page read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit