New "Annointed" Brother In My Old Hall...

by pale.emperor 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've only just stopped laughing.

In my old hall there's a brother who's now claiming to be of the anointed.

He's 28.

I do wonder if he's doing this for attention, if he's awake and messing with them, or if he really is that deluded. When i was in he was an MS. Which surprised even me because only a year earlier than that he was "a bit of a lad", is rubbish at talks and relies on his elder uncle to get him out of trouble all the time.

I guess this now means he's get his pick of JW sisters. He's been after the same one as the rest of his peers since 2014.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

And I'm the Queen of England! Lol Another JW misfit! Laughable!!!!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Perhaps he believes he is anointed because of mental or emotional problems. You know, just like the Governing Body.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's amazing what MDMA will do to these youngsters.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    is he a bit of a loon PE? I remember when my mates dad started taking the emblems and when I questioned how daft it was I was rebuked and chided and told that he must be of the anointed because he is very "spiritual"
  • Funchback
    Funchback

Let's be real. Don't you find that most who say they're anointed are a bit "off"?

I knew quite a few self-professed anointed and nary a one would I consider normal...and I would say the same if they weren't JWs.

And by "not normal", I don't mean I am better than them. I mean the ones I knew had deep issues be it emotional, mental, delusional or otherwise.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Before I left there was an 18 year old kid in my congregation that decided he was anointed. Real self-righteous little prick, that one.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Why would any girl want to be involved with someone who will go to heaven... you know next Tuesday?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I do wonder if he's doing this for attention, if he's awake and messing with them, or if he really is that deluded - my money's on the latter.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

back in the 60's there was a couple--i guess--late 30's ?--he rarely attended--didnt work for a living..but they had numerous children. his haggard wife used to drag some of the kids to the meetings.

then one memorial--he partook of the emblems . there was uproar about it. one bro said " well--he may be going to heaven--but he will be leaving his own great crowd on earth "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit