2034 NEW DATE ?

by midwest 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Most outlines allow the speaker to inject additional research. So this Elder used some points from the recent WT.

analysis

that's my take aswell.

I'm sure we've all heard plenty of things mentioned fo\rom the stage by a speaker that could of no way been in the outline from HQ.

That said...

I'm sure that likely no one objected to the reminder from the recent WT being recalled from the stage in the talk by this elder.

Just fanning the flames of 1975

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That's very interesting. Even if the speaker inserted the information about the 120 years, it means some (if not, many) of the dubs bought the idea of 2034.

I wouldn't doubt if the WTS persues this, since many of the GB members won't have to worry about dealing with 2034 when it passes - they'll all be dead in heaven.

• midwest
    midwest

UNDERCOVER. I STAND CORRECT AS TO MOSES WAITING & YOUR CORRECT I WAS HAVE ASLEEP

MIDWEST

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Midwest,

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps your understanding was an inspiration directed by Jehovah's Holy Spirit(tm)? Do not the scriptures themselves tell us that God's chosen people would "dream dreams"?

You have new light to share - it wasn't Noah in the ark after all!

...just yankin' yer chain, dude. The names are almost homonyms - not that there's anything wrong with that!

Looks like maybe the WTB&TS has begun setting up "some brothers" to take the fall when this prophecy falls flat on its face, like all the earlier WTB&TS prophecies have. They've got a record to maintain, you know, "zero and all".

Here's hoping that some or all of the GB will hold their breath to hasten the arrival of Jehovah's day. If their sock puppet is listening, he will act on their behalf.

• JCanon
    JCanon

Interesting and RELEVANT.

You know the issue with the "last generation" was the 80 years and Christ saying "this generation would not pass away" until all these things happened. Well 80 years from 1914 to 1994 has long gone, so now how to fulfill this? The option is to use a 120-year generation!!! From 1914 to 1934, maybe that's it!!!!

So, they are wiggling to try and make this work. I won't contradict them since interpretation is always up to the individual, but I will add this.

The witnesses, who I believe to be the "temple organization" though mixed with wheat and weeds, and so would not understand fully some of what truth they had, first focussed on 1874 for the return of Christ. Then 1914. 1874 and 1914 are 40 years apart. The activity of the "temple organization" was to begin when Christ "stood up" (Daniel 12:1) during the last days, meaning when he began to be more active leading up to the second coming. Thus one interpretation of this is that 1874 marks the 120-year generation, and 1914 marks the 80 years generation and they both end in 1994.

As far as fulfillment of what that means, the witnesses are looking for yet another date because they have not read the Bible closely or understood it. To them the "end" is Armageddon. That's the problem. If you read Matthew you'll note that the "end" occurs before the Messiah arrives and so does the "great tribulation" (i.e. "Immediately AFTER the tribulation of those days....darkness....sign of the son of man will be seen"--Matt. 24:36).

The "end" is really a reference to the "end of the gentile times" which occurred in 1947. After that, there were to be 45 years until the 1335 days, that is, the second coming, since the "end" is associated with 1290 days. The "end" is not a reference to Armageddon. Thus it was the SECOND COMING and not Armageddon that was to follow the "great tribulation" against "Judea" which was the HOLOCAUST, Judea being a reference to the Jews and wherever they had resettled (the land of the Jews, i.e. Poland, Eastern Europe primarily).

Thus the Biblical question is, did the Messiah or at least the "sign of the son of man" appear within 45 years of 1947? Further, is 45 years after 1947 a date that occurs before 80 years from 1914 or 120 years from 1874. The answer of course is yes, since 1947 and 45 is 1992 and 1992 occurs before 1984.

So using that interpretation, Christ's words about what was predicted to occur within a "generation" of 80 years did come true, but that did NOT include Armageddon, it only included the second coming.

On that final note, The second coming occurs when Satan is kicked out of Heaven down to the earth, so the Heavens rejoice but the earth has woe. It is at this time the Messiah returns to the earth again for the second coming. Thus there is an interim period from the time of the second coming until Armageddon, and that date nobody knows since it's is "within God's jurisdiction".

Bottom line, the witnesses are lost, as prophesied and stumbling around in "spiritual darkness" trying to make a chronology work that has the wrong interpretation. They, indeed, are the evil slave who is now saying "Our Master is dealying" and is now beating their fellow slaves upon the heads with even more false teachings.

By now, however, the "wise virgins" have figured out that the"broad and spacious road" refers to the organized religion of JWs and they have chosen the "narrow patch" of individual understanding and left the main body and has found truth and light and Christ where that narrow road leads off into the wilderness where Christ is gathered with his followers.

The witnesses are continually looking for a another future date because they are looking for the wrong thing. But it is interesting that they do have one more chance to make this work, indeed, by claiming a 120-year generation from 1914. It's not correct, but it works in theory if you want it. 2034!!! My my. 30 years from now. Certainly the Bible will be proven true when both the JW organization(Lamb-Dragon beast and "false propheft") and Christendom (666 Beast) will be thrown into the lake of fire "while still alive", while still functioning as a religion.

JC

• blindfool
    blindfool

JC wrote:

Further, is 45 years after 1947 a date that occurs before 80 years from 1914 or 120 years from 1874. The answer of course is yes, since 1947 and 45 is 1992 and 1992 occurs before 1984.

I can't understand much of what you write JC, but I really don't understand how 1992 occurs before 1984.

I've never been one for dates anyways, I sure hope Jesus understands.

On a lighter note:

I saw a t-shirt the other day.

On the front it said: JESUS IS COMING!!

On the back it said: AND HE'S PISSED!!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good thread! Thanks!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Chuck Chamberlain was giving a seminar in Palo Alto when he got a phone call while giving a speech. He excused himself and went to take the call. When he got back he told the audience that he got good news and bad news. The good news was that Jesus has returned. The bad news was . . . . the call came from Salt Lake City.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit