An odd experience I had the other day...............

by nicolaou 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• pc
    pc

Nic that was pretty powerful. I have tried to remember for myself the last venture into the field, but alas , I can't. I was really getting depressed when I was reading it. I thought it was the last time with your wife. I went to your bio and I read you left with your wife, so now I'm really happy for you and your family!! PC

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Actually PC it would be more accurate to say that I have left and am still with my wife even though she still considers herself to be a JW. We've had many difficult times over this but somehow we keep on going. I'm happy to say that none of our children go to meetings anymore and even my wife has not been for a month or so.

Now and again she will feel real guilt over her 'non-attendance' and 'irregularity' and will go back for a week but this is becoming even more infrequent as she gradually realises the futility and lack of love in all of it.

I hope it won't be too long before she is as free as I am.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I hope it won't be too long before she is as free as I am.

That was seven years ago, I'm happy to say that my wife is so out and free. Take heart if you are just leaving the Watchtower, you CAN do it and keep your family intact.

Nic'

• wasblind
    wasblind

((((((( Nic )))))))

• pirata
    pirata

nicolaou, have you posted anywhere the story of how your wife got free?

• wobble
    wobble

I second the motion from pirata, I think if you would be so kind as to write about how your wife came to realise it was not the truth, it would be so helpful for people with a partner still in.

Thanks.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

just got in from a really heavy fun night, post tomorrow

love everybody!

• pirata
    pirata

Thanks nicolaou! I look forward to reading your update.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I'm still active putting in >10 hours/month and I can't remember the last time I went from door to door or the last door I called upon.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Interesting. I know what you mean.

After 20 yrs I still get physically creeped out when I drive through areas I went in fs. I moved to the other side of town to avoid it.

Last yr I did some brief volunteer work in an unfamiliar neighborhood that involved going door to door. I finished what I had agreed to do but will not be doing that again, just because it gave me the same creepy feeling.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit