2017 International Regional Convention, Toronto – Entertainment at Sony Centre

by SAHS 23 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Seems a lot different the religion that I knew. Then, any kind of large gathering was frowned upon and Assembies were strictly "spiritual ". However, we don't want to be hypocritical ourselves. We slam them for being narrow and slam them when they do lighten up and enjoy themselves.

If I'd been there in the old days, I'd have loved it. I just hope the performers can sing better than those who sing on those wretched monthly broadcasts that get foisted on me .

Blues ( with fingers in his ears)

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I don't have a problem with the JW's enjoying themselves. The problem I have with it, is they only invite the elite JW's. These events are ticketed events that the pioneers, Elders and special delegates receive. There is a hirarchy in this organization. The little ole sister who can not physically pioneer anymore, but put years of service in, gets NO invitation. The publisher that puts what WT calls "token service" in, gets no invitation. Maybe that person has long work hours or multiple jobs to support their family. These ones are not even considered. That is my problem. No matter what WT claims, they like there uber JW's and those in the borg who have money. Everybody else is just a "token JW." That's the problem with these events. It's a huge problem within this borg. And they wonder why people are walking away.

• SAHS
    SAHS

“sir82”: “None-too-subtle announcements about ‘how much would you pay to see a Broadway-style show with this level of entertainment?’

Funny you should mention “Broadway-style.” That is exactly how this latest JW production has been described by those “in the know”!

What is kind of strange is just how secretive the organization is being about the event. It is obviously something which is by, and for, an elitist subset of an Orwellian organization that feels compelled to have total control of everything – especially the control of information!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

King Solomon had his male singers and female singers his manservants and his maidservants didn't he?

If it was good enough for Brother Sol then it's good enough for the Faithful and Discreet Slave the Guardians of Doctrine the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit