How was your Hoilday?

by Still Totally ADD 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Ours was great. For the first time we had Christmas with our youngest son and his family. It was all their first Christmas and what a fun and happy time we had. Saw our 3 year old grandson for the first time and our 12 year old grand daughter is growing up to be a beautiful young women. Our 10 year old grandson was so excited to unwrap gifts under the Christmas tree plus it was his birthday the day after Christmas. We had more gifts and a birthday cake. He was all smiles.

We were able to reconnect with our son and daughter in law. Even got to take my son out to a bar and have a beer while we waited for our pizza order. It will be a Christmas we will never forget. We are still walking on cloud 9. I hope all of you had a great Hoilday like we did. If you ask me last year at this time this would happen I would have answered no. But a dream came true. My hope is all of you will have your dreams come true. Have a happy New Year and take care of yourselves. This forum is a life saver. Still Totally ADD aka David Winner

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

STILLTOTALLYADD:

I can feel your joy and am so happy for you that you were able to reconnect with this son. I’m glad he’s “out”.

I’m also happy that their children were able to experience Christmas joy not only because of the Holidays but because of the happy reunion that they could feel. There are other people on the forum who would be thrilled to be in your situation!

Enjoy the New Year with your reunited family👍🏻.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sounds wonderful David. I've been following your story on here of your son and daughter in law waking up. You got them back and all your dear grandchildren to spoil and celebrate fun times with. I'm so happy for you. I wish this for everyone who has lost family to the Borg. Thanks for your lovely story today.

• carla
  • Kathy1978
    Kathy1978

What a beautiful holiday you had! Congrats to you. My holiday was great as well. My hubby’s family are all JW and my family is in Pennsylvania. Since holiday season is my hubby’s busiest time of year, we don’t travel there. So it’s just me, hubby and our 2 little ones during the holidays - which we really love! Seeing the kids excited faces on Christmas morning, watching them open their gifts...simple things we were robbed of...never gets old. It’s the best feeling EVER 😊. It was a lovely family day and we enjoyed spending the time together making memories with our babies.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Amen Kathy1978 I was smiling so much it hurt. Carla thanks for the thumbs up. Spoiling our grandkids was the name of the game Xanthippe. LongHairGal Thank you for your kind comments and I wish you all a happy New Year. Still Totally ADD aka David Winner

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

StillADD, that's wonderful, I'm so happy for you. They're gonna remember that too, your kids, your grandkids, all of them. You're making them come alive like a Christmas tree lit from top to bottom. That is a dream come true.

My family is my family and I finally accepted that, I went home and spent a few days with them and while I can't stay long for my own sake I enjoyed their company, let myself enjoy their company and showed them respect, I didn't take out my phone and start texting all the time, I asked them about them. My cousin grabbed me in a bearhug and lifted me up in the kitchen and said how much he missed me. Heck, even my brother, who I posted about on here, talked to me with others and then one on one for a pretty long time throughout the day and when we parted ways I pulled him into a hug and he looked happy and felt happy, I could tell, and so was I. It doesn't make everything right again, it can't but... it's a start, maybe.

Kathy1978, sounds like you had a great holiday yourself, too. Kids are great, aren't they? They're so full of life.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey ADD - You asked me a question the other day via PM and I answered it, have yet to hear from you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Glad to hear it David! We had a great time too, but it sounds like you had a lot of new great times. Congrats to you and your family!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That`s great news S.T.Add ,what a great Xmas story and a true one .

I wish you and all of your family the best in the New Year.

{ And that goes for everyone else also }

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit