Oprah For President!

by minimus 52 Replies latest jw friends

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

“You get free stuff for votes, you get free stuff for votes, you all get free stuff for votes!”

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

It never ceases to amaze me that in the western world at any rate you don`t need any qualifications of any sort to become the leader of a government or a Nation.

In the USA for example the only qualification you need to get elected is to have loads and I mean loads of money so you actually buy yourself votes into the presidency ?

Other nations in the west are no better in electing leaders who have no set qualifications in running a Country or Nation.

If I want to be a Doctor ,Engineer , Motor Mechanic , Plumber or brain Surgeon ,I need to do years of study and qualify by passing exams to see if I`m the right person for the job I have applied for .

Not so with politicians who have potentially far more damaging consequences because of their lack of qualifications or suitability to govern or for their actions and decisions they make that can affect so many under their rule.

Their should be some form of criteria that they have to pass before they can even be considered as a Political candidate.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Trying to replace a celebrity President with another celebrity President is a very American thing to do. As I remember the American right didn’t really want him. So the American left is going to make the same mistake that the right did just to prove a point?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Give me strength

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Lv101 (trump) He's a genius at business a

I think I could have been a genius at business if I'd been given a $million 60 years ago by my dad to go play with

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Last year I committed to reading about the history of the Israeli - Palestinian conflict from both perspectives. I studied the history of the Middle East from ancient to modern times via the Caliphate, the Ottoman Empire, The Sykes-Picot agreement, the Balfour Declaration and the establishment of modern Israel.
    Anybody who thinks it's morally simple doesn't understand it.
    By the way while British troops were dying to liberate France from the Nazis the French were selling arms to Zionist terrorists to kill British soldiers in Palestine. Treacherous bastards.

I just want to repost this.

Morally. Simple. It is not.

That's why it's one of the biggest thorns in the side of the modern world.

I remember reading once someone suggested taking Jeruselem apart brick by brick, rebuilding it in Sweden, and leaving it there for 100 years.

I thought it would make a bloody good start.

• sir82
    sir82
    Lv101 (trump) He's a genius at business a

I think I could have been a genius at business if I'd been given a $million 60 years ago by my dad to go play with

That's the hilarious part.

If he had taken the $60 million and just stuck it in an S&P index fund and let it sit there untouched for 45 years, he would be far wealthier than he is now.

Only in America can someone who loses money hand over fist and declares bankruptcy a couple dozen times be described as a "business genius".

Reminds me of the old Steve Martin joke, describing a book he was planning to write: "How to turn $10 million of real estate into $5000 cold, hard, cash."

Now marketing genius - I'll give that to him.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Trump is a smart businessmen not a genius, case in point his new tax reduction for the rich will indirectly help him and his personal businesses as well other wealthy business owners who have memberships at his leisure resorts and office buildings.

He is going to be a one hit term president but when he leaves he will have done well for himself.

• minimus
    minimus

Cofty... u r always a good read!👍

• pbrow
    pbrow

The war of ideas is a dangerous, messy, bloody and glorious process!

Fuck the "ruling class" and all who want it. Go for it Oprah!

Allah bless America !

Shabbat shalom

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit