Would you listen to a rumour?

by Simon 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Remember that article brothers?
    We have been up and running for less than a week and already have had accusations of apostacy bandied about.
    Please stop and think before you make a serious allegation like this. Imagine the hurt it would cause to a genuine brother if it wasn't true.
    This doesn't mean that we should let our guard down against those who would try and disrupt things or cause divisions amongst us but I'm sure these poeple would like nothing more than to see us fall out with each other.
    Some of these rumours have been spread by members of other boards or people pretending to be them.
    Just be on your guard to this sort of activity and help us by not passing on unfounded accusations.
    Thank you

• Seven
    Seven

Good morning Simon!

Me? Allowing a rumour to determine whether or not I participate in a discussion forum?
    Never!

Prov. 16:28 "A slanderer is separating those familiar with one another." And also, Prov.29:25 "Trembling at men is what lays a snare, but he that is trusting in Jehovah will be protected."

Have a good day Simon, I must get back to work!

7of9

• NaweOfJah
    NaweOfJah

I am going to wait and see for myself. I like the feel of this DB so far. Appreciate that you already locked an inappropriate thread. Thank you.

Agape,

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks, I appreciate your comments.
    I've alread received numerous emails critical of the approach I'm taking to handling security but I think being confrontational and making too big an issue of things just makes things worse.
    It's kinda like beeing a doorman/bouncer isn't it? A good one tries to avoid getting into a fight.

• Martini
    Martini

Simon,

Great board bro, looking forward to posting
    little later, just to let you know with my
    very first post I'm in support of your
    approach. Let Jah's Spirit Rule.

Later,
    Martini

• Martini
    Martini

Hi Simon,

>>How did you decide on your nickname - favourite drink? Maybe I should change myself to 'Stella Artois 500ml can'

Nope I drink RYE...In another language
    Martini means small martian...LOL
    Actually your close, these "Spirit" terms have a way of getting our creative juices
    flowing, thats why I used them both in a
    figurative and literal way! LOL

Anyhow about JW rumors, I believe the
    internet will set the record straight.
    Sooner or later the facts will dominate.

Talk ta ya Simon,

Martini...No Rossi
    P.S. what is 'Stella Artois'?

• claudia
    claudia

I never listen to gossip, Martini, I think Stellas is an English beer if i am not mistaken

• Shining One
    Shining One

I applaud your ideas and desire for honest discussion, Simon. You know that you are already going to be pressured to do as other forums have done. Has anyone asked you for your and p.o. yet?
    None of their business is my thinking on that. Take care.

• Simon
    Simon

Yep, Stella is a beer that we have in England (from France).
    I've already been 'pressured' over certain posts but if people want closed discussion they can go elsewhere - I intend to keep this forum 'open'

• claudia
    claudia

Thank you Simon, for providing a place for us to talk openly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit