Skinned and Thrown About.....

by Tech49 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• life is to short
    life is to short

sparkly 1 you are spot on about Don Underwood, he was a very simpleminded man who only did the WT bidding. He also had a family and did not put the kingdom first in his life but only came to Bethel after his kids were grown. That always upset me because I wanted to have a family also but I was waiting on the new system like I was told to do. Seeing ones like Don living a life I wanted to have was discouraging.

LITS

• sparky1
    sparky1

Yes, life is to short, Don Underwood did indeed have a family before he came to Watchtower Farms to head up the construction there. He also had a small construction business in Klamath Falls, Oregon. When he came to Watchtower Farms in the early 70's he brought along his wife and daughter Jodi. If my memory serves me correctly, she didn't turn 18 until after they had been there a few years. Mama 'Watchtower' always favors and bends the rules for workers with advanced skills that would be hard to entice into full time service otherwise.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

The Watchtower is like any other corporation. They will use and abuse you. Then when you are not needed anymore, they will drop you the first chance they get.

Strangely, I am having a hard time feeling sorry for the folks sold everything and did not have a "what if" plan.

"Jehovah will provide."

Yeah, thanks Jehovah.

• sir82
    sir82

We've got a Warwick couple in our congregation now - were there for years, sent out about 6 months ago.

Now they are just plain pioneers. They get no special recognition for being exes.

They pretty much just keep to themselves. Missed a lot of meetings at first, now are more regular but still miss more than an "exemplary" couple would.

I remember, many years ago, an impassioned plea by a speaker ranting on about "theocratic careers", about how "the world will chew you up and spit you out", everybody ought to sign up for Bethel tomorrow, etc.

In the intervening years, of course, I have seen, firsthand, dozens of JWs chewed up and spit out by Bethel. And I'm far from well-connected. I'm sure there are others who could cite hundreds of examples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit