Science may answer the question: Is there a God?

by Old Navy 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I know personally 3 people who were healed miraculously. On of them was my son; two were colleagues.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Science has discovered a gene associated (VMAT2 gene) with belief in God.

• amicabl
    amicabl

So the God called Science claims.

• waton
    waton
    Otwo: ---Bible actually said "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth" before mentioning light.---

If that is so, the beginning is ~10 billion years long, a drawn out start compared with Earth's ~4 billion existence.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3
    Vanderhoven73 hours ago3 hours ago

I know personally 3 people who were healed miraculously. On(e) of them was my son; two were colleagues

.While i don`t doubt your sincerity Vanderhoven7 , as a sceptic I would be more inclined to think you believe what you want to believe.That which comforts you and not what is more realistic.

I have never yet seen or read of a supposed miraculous event that has not been explained away by rational logic.

Also the fact that one or two or even three or four miracles supposedly occur from GOD around the world begs the question if he/she can really do that ,why not do it for everybody and stop pain and suffering ? Especially if he/she was truly a GOD of love ?

The experience you had with your son would be a truly emotional event and I can understand and appreciate your feelings there.

So lets not go down that path

however

Would you care to share the experiences of your colleagues for us to make an assesment ?without divulging personal details of course.

• waton
    waton
    A case can be made that there might be non-biblical messages from a creator,
    Go on then...

We have been through this before, and some of my observations on astronomy, which is a harder, more precise science than biology, have been criticised on trivialities. but creation in general seems to have the imprint of an artist. the most economical solutions are not the ones that have emerged from the evolving universe.

• never a jw
    never a jw

David Jay,

You missed the part where I wrote that God is constantly changing to fit to current dominant morality, which always correct previous perceptions of God. The God of Abraham has suffered the fastest evolution ever since humanism appear five hundred years ago. It is humanism that is constantly causing theologians to reinterpret God.

It's politics. Always has been.

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Vanderhoven7 4 hours ago

I know personally 3 people who were healed miraculously. On of them was my son; two were colleagues.

Do you ever wonder why God chose those three people while he has ignored for thousands of years the plight and suffering of others. I guess your son is more special than millions of other sons and daughters. I call that narcissism. By the way, I am glad your son is doing well. But I would me much happier if the countless of others sons and daughters could share in your sons divine favor.

• amicabl
    amicabl

Vanderhoven7. I am not sure if your post was a joke or not but I am seriously interested if you could elaborate.

As a child my parents both had an interest for a time in "spiritism" and I was influenced by this and related subjects and as we all know old beliefs die hard.

• cofty
    cofty
    but creation in general seems to have the imprint of an artist. - Waton

Snowflakes seem to be the work of artists. We know exactly how they form without intelligent design.

Evolution is a fact...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit