New Congregation

by Deacon 43 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Mommie, it's so good to see you back! I vote for "tea" and chicken legs, too.

COMF, I like your suggestions -- kind and sensible.

The rest of y'all, DAMN! Remember the challenge was to start a NEW religion. I propose:

• Ditch all these damn carbon-copy titles and procedures. No pioneers, no elders, none o' that! At the very least, let's have an acre or so of Popes like the Discordians. (Mommie! Do you remember the Church of the Palpitating Pulpit, and the fun we had picking out "carnal names"?
  • No sermons of any kind.
  • Improvised liturgy -- never ever read from a book, not even a songbook. If you can't memorise, improvise! (I'm actually starting to do this in real life.)
  • Modern saints -- John Lennon, Dorothy Day, Emma Goldman, maybe Helen Keller. Or, um, Annie Sprinkle, Fairy Butch, Mark Morford.
  • Bizarre sacred relics, talismans and symbols: the Tie-Dyed Tantric Talisman of Divine Deliciousness, maybe?

GentlyFeral
    Chief Liturgist and Holy Fool
  • Ravyn
    Ravyn

for the Memorial we can all dress up like Smurfs and have sex on the stage......

blue sex is cool.

we could drink Guinness and pass pretzels...

and we can have King and Queen instead of CO and CO's wife....

Ravyn

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

Can we have a recreational overseer. That way we can keep score at softball games, go to professional sporting events early so we don't look stupid sitting in our seat or hidding in the can when those "patriotic" songs are sung. A recreational overseer can arrange little league games for our children, lets say every Sat. morning. How many of your kids will be crying for a juice and doughnut at 10:30? They might even want to get up on Sat. mornings.

• twolips
    twolips

Sorry if I spoil some fun, But Dr. Deacon {the man that started this thread} reminds me of Jim Jones . Don't take any of his meds.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit