Rutherford's Views on Women

by Leolaia 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I find it most funny how Rutherford twists a scripture about men lying with men to refer to men taking their hats off when a woman enters.

Here is an even funnier Rutherford quote from the same book, Mother's Day as a satanic plot:

"The so-called 'Mother's Day' was observed in America first in 1914, the very year that Satan's world ended and when he knew his time was short to get ready for the great battle of Armageddon. To induce the people to bestow special honor and worship upon mothers would be one step towards turning the people away from the worship of God, and this is one of his means of preparing for Armageddon... On the face of it the arrangement of 'Mother's Day' seems harmless and calculated to do good. But the people are in ignorance of Satan's subtle hand in the matter, and that he is back of the movement, to turn the people away from God. The slogan is, 'The best mother who ever lived,' the purpose being to establish creature worship, or at least to divert the attention of man from the proper worship of God." (Vindication, Volume I, pp. 188-189)

I think the WTS today still claims that Mother's Day and similar holidays are improper for honoring people instead of God. But how would their claim wash today that such holidays are plots hatched by none other than Satan the Devil?

Leolaia

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    places sex at the upper end of most men's personal agenda

And you're saying that's NOT true? What a saint you must be.

Nina

• shotgun
    shotgun

Boy..J.F sure was a tit head.

Do you suppose when he was born the doctor slapped his mother?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

The more God is reduced and anthropomorphized, the more narrow becomes our view of life and others. When the "Most High" is placed very low, everything else must be lowered along with it to keep our beliefs reasonably intact. Rutherford made his god so tiny, that the act of taking off his hat for a women cast a shadow over his god (who was probably crawling around on the floor somewhere).

j

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    places sex at the upper end of most men's personal agenda.

hehe..............upper end, he said upper end............hehe hehe

• Richie
    Richie

"Judge" Rutherford was known to be a drunk, bully and had a private nickname "Mussolini", as he was proud, presumptuous, belligerent and pretending to be a man of God. His opinion ruled above anyone's, yet nobody in the highest echelon had the guts to stand up to him as they were all afraid...

No wonder that he had such a warped vision of women in general....

Richie :*)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I really wonder,,how anybody can be so stupid as to believe the shit Rutherford wrote???

The guy is a complete loonie. I don't think I would ever have become a JW if he was president,,I mean the WT isn't as bad in their reasoning today as the Judge was back in his day. No,, I take that back, they still don't celibrate mother's day.

"The so-called 'Mother's Day' was observed in America first in 1914, the very year that Satan's world ended and when he knew his time was short to get ready for the great battle of Armageddon. To induce the people to bestow special honor and worship upon mothers would be one step towards turning the people away from the worship of God, and this is one of his means of preparing for Armageddon...
    Boy this Satan guy is really cleaver isn't he???,,and it took a genius like Rutherford to see thru this plot of the devil. I tend to thing that he got a lot of his insights from C. Woodworth the chief editor of the Golden Age(Awake).
  • myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

JamesThomas

Rutherford made his god so tiny, that the act of taking off his hat for a women cast a shadow over his god (who was probably crawling around on the floor somewhere).

SUCH a good point!!! So well put. My Hat's Off To You

• exjdub
    exjdub
    "The women make monkeys or dupes of men.

Now wait a second Leolaia...there is some truth to that. LOL! This is especially true when some men think with the wrong part of the body.

exjdub

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

exjdub....hahahaha, you just reminded me of a Beavis and Butthead episode....the one where they sue an innocent woman of sexual harrassment. Their case crumbled when they declared that she was "doing it to them again" right there in court, and when the judge asked them how, they mentioned that the defendant was giving them a "stiffee"....and then told the judge that now she was sexually harrassing them too...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit