Bohemian Rhapsody

by cofty 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• cofty
    cofty

Been to see the new film (movie) tonight. Outstanding! Brought back lots of memories. Live Aid reconstruction was brilliant.

I never knew Freddie had a life-long girlfriend.

Go see it.

That's three good films in a row; First Man, A Star is Born and Bohemian Rhapsody.

What have you watched recently?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I remember when Bohemian Rhapsody was re-released after Freddie Mercury's death in 1991 and became the Christmas number one of that year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ9rUzIMcZQ

What have you watched recently? - Blue Velvet (1986) & IT (2017), both on DVD.

The first is a surreal film noir by David Lynch, the other is a very good adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same title.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

I saw A Star is Born and was probably expecting too much because of all the hype I already heard about it and was somewhat let down (somewhat). I suspect the woman sitting next to me would strongly disagree as she would begin sobbing from time to time leaving me to wonder what it was that I wasn't seeing.

Even so, I have to say Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga Gaga did a good job overall and will likely win awards for their performances. The music was good but there were a few times when I wished they'd have finished the song they were singing before cutting to another scene.

A few of the scenes were slow and the story got lost a bit. Bradley Cooper seemed at times to be mimicking Chris Christopherson's performance of the same character in the 1976 version but I didn't care, he was doing a good job of it. Thankfully Lady Gaga didn't mimic Barbra Streisand's overly permed hairdo from the 1976 version of this movie....that would have been a deal breaker. Andrew Dice Clay played her father and his performance was a welcome departure from anything else I've seen him in. I guessing he'll be nominated for something.

Looking forward to seeing Bohemian Rhapsody and Rocketman.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    I watched "First Man" and found it sluggish and without any excitement. Armstrong came across having one tone and presented as a smug fellow. I hope that wasn't who he was. On the other hand the presentation of all the technical stuff, lift off, emergencies et all: were superb.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    What have you watched recently? - Blue Velvet (1986) - LUHE

Ha! I recently watched that again myself! Crazy shit.

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, there are movies being made with non-Marvel-superhero characters? When did that happen and is it allowed?

I'll probably watch it when it's on TV or Netflix - Freddie Mercury was an amazing performer and who didn't have at least the Queen Greatest Hits CD but I don't know much about him or them really.

Apparently there's talk of a Bob Dylan biopic covering his Blood on the Tracks recording years (bootleg versions of the album released this week). I hope that is done and done well.

• Jayk
    Jayk
    I'll probably see it, but I dont want to cry. I heard Sacha baron cohan(borat) was gonna play freddy. He thought it would be so awesome to recreate scenes from some of the crazy queen parties. But the band had too remind Sacha they had to watch their friend die. It made him feel so bad he decided not to take the part.
  • caves
    caves

I know the ending. Sounds like a tear jerker. I will probably wait until its free to watch. Some where in the corner of my bed with a box of tissues.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I went to see Bohemian Rhapsody and was expecting pleny of Queen music but not much more. I was blown away by Rami Malek (MrRobot) He was beyond awesome as Freddie Mercury. Best film I've seen in ages.

• blondie
    blondie

We have tickets too; I was a late fan of Queen and now I listen to my CD of the best hits once a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit