Stupid, Dumb,....of all the things I've ever done.....

by Sentinel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Last night (of course, night..it had to be night) I was using a small plastic bathroom cup, and also walked over to flush the toilet. Suddenly, the cup slipped from my fingers and was sucked into neverland. The most horid feeling came over me, and I thought "that cup is not going to go down". ...it didn't...water all over the floor, tons of soaking wet towels.

Short story, the cup got caught in the trap. We went out to Home Depot at nine at night and got an auger. We tried and tried to retrieve it, but it wouldn't budge. So today, we have to take the commode out and remove the cup and then put it back together.

Never in my life, during all the time of my youth, raising my child and my three step-sons did anything like this ever happen! My husband has some health issues we have been dealing with, and he has even been nicotine free for the past several days. He did not get upset or angry, and did not even raise his voice. He just said that we would take care of it. He is beginning the task right now, and I will be his assistant.

This should be interesting....tune in later...

/<

• shamus
    shamus

Yum. Fishing things out of the commode. Real fun!

It's not nearly as hard as you think. Really.

Just make sure that you don't seal it up properly so that pooop and water goes all over the floor when it's done, LOL! Of course, you would have to be a moron to do that. (

• shamus
    shamus

Oh,

I wouldn't beat muself up over that. It's a mistake.. at least you didn't drop your mortgate money down there! It's really nothing.

Just make sure to wash your hands when you're done.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

One time I had a light bulb burn out in the hanging lamp above my kitchen table. I went to unscrew the bulb, and the glass separated from the metal part that screws into the socket. This left the "innards" of the bulb still attached to the socket.

I went to get a pair of pliers to remove the rest of the bulb. I did not turn off the light switch, nor did I turn the fuse off. I reached up, and you can guess what happened when the pliers touched the wire hanging out of the bulb piece -

BUZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm lucky I didn't kill myself.

I think I've got you beat as far as dumb moves go.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

Awwww ((Sentinel))! I'm glad that hubby was so understanding.
    I worry this could happen to me in the near future. My CAT loves to put things in the toilet and then fish them out. If it sinks all the way to the bottom before she can get it; she just leaves the item in the toilet. I have had to fish her toys, twisty ties, flowers from one of my floral arrangements and a number of other objects out of my toilets. So, I have started putting the lids down on them. Oh, the joys of being a pet owner. hehe
    Good Luck Sentinel!!

• simplesally
    simplesally

DanTheMan, next time that happens with the light bulb, turn off the power, but you can use a potato...........just cut the tater in half and stick it into the remains of the light bulb and twist!

• obiwan
    obiwan
    So, I have started putting the lids down on them.

At least I don't have to leave the seat up now.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Oh NO, Dan, you didn't do that!! I don't feel so bad now. Crap can't kill ya, but electricity can for sure. Reminds me of when my first husband was inebriated--I couldn't tell him a thing---and he decided one of the extension cords was too long. Before I could say or do anything, he cut the wire in half-LIVE!! It all happened so fast. There was this loud boom, the smell of flesh and wire burning, smoke and he had been slammed into the other side of the room.

He lived to abuse me more. :-) Thought sure I'd lost him that time. Did he stop drinking? NOPE.

Those broken bulbs that remain in the socket are quite dangerous, but the potatoe thing is a good idea. I'd heard that somewhere myself. Still, you have to turn the power off FIRST.

Shamus, you are so sweet! I suppose this why they call these things "accidents" for sure. Yes, you are certainly right. The task itself is not all that difficult, just very unclean for sure. We have managed to get the cup out. The auger wouldn't work, while everything was still together--but apart, we could push through one end and then pick it out with the needle nosed pliers. That thing was really wedged for sure.

We have cleaned ourselves up and are now off to anniversary dinner. Everything upstairs is just laying there, because we have to go get a new seal, etc. We will finish it up later today. No leaks for sure.

The crazy thing is, we always keep the lids down because of our two cats....always, of course, unless we are right there. This time, it wasn't anyone else but me. What a prize that was to see the cup come out.

/<

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The accident was neither stupid or dumb on your part, things happen. Had you INTENTIONALLY put the cup in there...that'd be another story.

My wife once ran the bath...and then walked away and left it running...water was coming out of the ceiling like a water fall.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Sentinel, be sure you replace the wax ring before you put the toilet back on. It's an important detail.

Those things happen. I have grandkids that I swear use half a roll of toilet paper, and we have had some near misses, and some that weren't misses too. I've dropped, hairbrushes, toothbrushes and all sorts of makeup items into the toilet too. Gross, and sterilization or throwing out happens, but I've learned to make sure the lid is down now, after too many "accidents".

Your hubby is great!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit