Bias in News

by Simon 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

You can't escape bias in the news media, so making it visible is the next best thing.

Just came across this site which aims to label the news stories to show who is covering it. You can see how some stories are only covered by one side which shows either their bias, or the bias of the other side from not covering it.

Well worth checking out:

https://ground.news/

The only criticism is that some sources, such as the BBC who are clearly "left", are labelled as "centre" which is slightly misleading.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

it is quite sad such a situation exists. "News media" should be just that - news and nothing but news.

Oh no... you mean the news agencies are owned by the real power moguls of this country and they are bias towards their own agenda?

"This speech is shocking who care hear it!"

I believe they have a term for it.

It's call "fake news"

• minimus
    minimus

I think news organizations are very upright and honest . 🤥

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for the link.

I agree with Minimus, the media are truthful and unbiased.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

The BBC a culture that covered over Jimmy Savile - in the centre? Slightly misleading???? Er???? I want to know what it's the centre of.

JImmy Savile, this DJ/paedophile even managed to get used in public safety films!

Clunk Click Every Trip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6iynaLC5sY

George Orwell (AKA Eric Arthur Blair) used the BBC as the basis for his Ministry of Truth in novel 1984.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don't think the BBC are that bad, compared to some I could mention. ...

But they are certainly not perfect and at times a bias shows through, usually anti whichever party is in government at the time.

I try to read news from a variety of sources to get a spread of views. I often check out Reuters which is pretty good ,IMO.

Thanks for the link,Simon, I will try it.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Such are good resources to have.

Diving into Simon's statement about the BBC's bias, I also found a somewhat similar site: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/

Could be nice to compare notes between the sites.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have seen too many cult-like phrases come out recently. "Social(??)" distancing. Washing your hands to a double "Happy birthday". "Flatten the curve". "We're all in this together." All these buzzwords are a danger sign for a cult, which to me is worse than any coronavirus could be.

In this, where is all the buzzwords about taking supplements? If the masks and "social(??)" distancing are a good first line of defense, where is the second line of defense? I haven't heard a peep about it in the lamestream media. It is common knowledge that zinc and vitamin C help with these things--they sell them all the time for colds, and if they didn't work, people wouldn't keep buying them. Vitamin D, magnesium (and most people are deficient in this, leading to heart conditions that amount to risk factors for dying of coronavirus), selenium, and beta carotene and vitamin A all help. Where is the media advising people to use these, instead of or along with the masks and "social(??)" distancing?

Along with other supplements. I have heard good things about them, and I am currently taking quite a few of them. Quercetin is a good one--it works the same way as hydroxychloroquine, but safer and more naturally (it is a bioflavinoid that works with vitamin C). Taken with zinc, this drastically reduces your risk. And there are other carotenoids (lycopene is a good one) that reduce inflammation, helping with your heart and keeping your immune system doing its job instead of killing the mosquito with an elephant gun. Echinacea, elderberry extract, goldenseal, oregano oil, ginger root, garlic, dandelion tea, nettle, and astragalus are all natural immune support supplements. (In fact, I took echinacea, oregano oil, and ginger root in lieu of antibiotics for a toothache and they worked at least as well as a course of cephalexin, with no adverse effects).

Where are all the cult words for these supplements? If everyone would take at least some of them, and vulnerable people would take more of them, we would stop needing "social(??)" distancing and masks in short order. Taking quercetin along with about 50 mg of zinc as chelate would help, possibly shortening the virus from its 15 day course to a day or two at most, or knock it out altogether. Better than that expensive and very dangerous drug that only shortens it from 15 to 11 days. And, better than a 2 week self quarantine. (Obviously, if done along with the masks and the quarantines, it would have knocked this whole event out in 2 weeks).

As for other issues, I have seen a major race baiting incident because of faulty police work (a cop killed a black suspect, and it was highly publicized). They don't tell the whole story (though I bet the jury that finds the cop innocent will get the whole story). This results in riots, possibly started by people shipped in to start them. End result: More reparations. The news company that reports this needs to be audited, and if hanky panky is found, they need criminal charges plus being shut down. If the police did in fact break the law in this case (and not based on just half the story), they need to be punished. But they shouldn't all be made to be afraid to do their jobs. Does it take a weapon for a suspect to knock a cop down to the ground and slam his head into the pavement? Which would be more than enough to warrant use of deadly force to prevent--why would this warrant riots and white people losing all their rights if the suspect happened to be "unarmed" and black?

I see the full course of communism coming, and the news media are part to blame for it. Reporting too many one-sided stories about shootings (for gun control) and cops killing black suspects (and highlighting the race of the suspect to start race baiting) is worse than the original incident, since it starts riots and nationwide race wars. Telling people to be afraid of a virus that could be easily mitigated, and leaving out how to mitigate it (and in fact making it a crime to tell someone which supplements might work, even if you use them yourself and mention that results are not guaranteed) is a good way to get mandatory vaccinations (results of those are not guaranteed, either) with RFID chips to verify you had them. Again, this is worse than the original pandemic.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Along with other supplements. I have heard good things about them

I've heard praying can cure people of cancer. And get them into heaven or Paradise, whatever their fancy is.

Now if only there were proper evidence of any of those claims...you know, multiple peer reviewed scientific papers, proper studies by independent and qualified scholars....perhaps then all these fancy supplements would be promoted by health officials.

Until then, it's the same emtpy claims and wishful thinking that keeps people trapped in silly religions.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit