Regional Convention Stat. from the UK

by freddo 25 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Another fantastic increase I mean stagnation for the JBorg chariot ...

Cardiff, Wales, UK convention July 27-29th 2018

Attendances 3500/3600 (Friday) - 4150 (Sunday) approx.

Baptisms - wait for it ... drumroll ... 10.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Wow a whole 10!! What ages were the people who were baptized?

• Tallon
    Tallon

Thank for the stats, Freddo.

Out of these 10, I wonder how many were born-in's compared to converts contacted in the ministry?

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

I was in Cardiff last night (Saturday) and saw several of them walking around the city centre. Made me a bit depressed seeing the young ones in their teens and twenties as I thought of the lives they are wasting. They had their badges on while in casual clothes. I never wore a badge even in 'meeting clothes' let alone civvies.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Religions are born, they flourish and eventually they die.......

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I heard the baptism figure for Glasgow convention (JW population of Scotland attends this one) was 26. Awaiting confirmation.

Effectively, it's a national convention, not a regional one.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Northern Ireland & Republic of Ireland: have I read the cult's website correctly that all JW's over there have to go to Liverpool?

I thought ROI had its own convention in Dublin.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Thank you Freddo. I live in Wales, Llantarnam. I didn't get the information yet from brothers that still talk to me. Thank you for the amazing news. 10 people is very good. Hopefully people start to see more what the Org is really about.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

thanks for that news Freddo, stupid how they've tried to spin the re-branding of these once called great/grand International Conventions, remember the huge catering setups? the tents for other non English speaking DC's? ( I think i'll pop over to the Spanish speaking tent) the foreign delegates in their national garb? the "greetings" in the announcements section? none of it happens any more, they are on the way out, a busted flush.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

Wow! 26 for the whole of Scotland? That's incredibly low! Time was when that would have been a regional convention type number not a national convention.

Is there any point in them running the baptism pools any longer? Soon it will get so little use as to not be cost effective

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit