WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

by moses 12 Replies latest social relationships

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Since you are talking about Funerals, I remember when Selena died. She was a Tejano spanish singer. Anyways her family who were raised in the "Truth" inisisted that she have two services one Catholic and One JW. I remember when the elders gave the talk at her service it caused a huge buzz. Some frowned on it, others thought it was "giving a good witness". I didnt care either way, but It shows how everybody has their own opionions on it.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I thought you could get in trouble for attending funerals or weddings in churches. I thought it had to do with the passage in the Bible to leave Babylon the Great, and to never look back. I remember for my grand mother's funeral, I was a pallbearer, and i was clearly reminded by my JW family members that it was forbidden to enter a church.

• Ray
    Ray

I remember some time ago, my friend who was a witness (not full time), die from illness. He work with large company. At the funeral service at Kingdom Hall (his mother request), there are very few witness attend (I attend and count the head, 12). He was bury and give service at grave with many people from work (over 100). Where was he bury? At the baptist church yard (his will request this). Oh Yet! Not one witness show up at the grave service.

I am not witness (never will be).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit