Local JW mom among the victims of the Vegas shooter

by TTWSYF 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Rhonda LeRocque attended the Kingdom Hall of Wilmington, MA

My brother and his family were part of that cong back in the day, although I don't know if they knew.

A mother, wife, sister, daughter, etc, etc.

Please pray for her AND all of those involved.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

thanks - please check out the post I made a couple of hours ago below which included television/video reports:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6249130605150208/_post/6110172306997248

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't pray, but you have my best wishes. It's a sad tragedy.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

It's tragic to be sure, but it really makes one wonder how JW's will spin this. What do I mean?

Well for one, since when do die-hard JW's attend worldly concerts and festivals in Sin City, LAS VEGAS????

Answer: They don't. I can almost guarantee this woman will be held up as an example of what NOT to do, labeled as "weak", and also have it stated that she got was she deserved for being wrapped up and attending such "worldly" events. If she had been at home studying her WT literature and preparing for Monday morning Field Service, she wouldn't have been there and not have had to worry about being killed by some maniac who was controlled by Satan. See what happens when you mix with "the World?" And on, and on, and on. The remaining family will be given little sympathy for their loss, and instead, have to hear the "tsk, tsk" from the local old holier-than-thou Piosneer Sister bitches.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Is her mother a JW?

Because in the interview she says that it 'doesnt make sense', but if you're a JW it's supposed to make perfect sense, us being in Satan's world and all.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    It's tragic to be sure, but it really makes one wonder how JW's will spin this. What do I mean?

Exactly WC!! I was thinking the same thing! I'm sure they were all so happy to have more ammunition about the big A being just around the corner and they've lost one of their own.

Back in the day my mother and all the rest of the pompous Dubs would have said "you see, if she was home studying for the meeting instead of going out listening to that worldly music she would still be alive" ! Probably they'll still say such nonsense

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I doubt I will run into any JW's spouting how such a tragedy shows the need for God's Kingdom, but if I do......

.....I will say, "God would have killed all of them and billions more if his kingdom arrived."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I call my daughter (lives in LV and a JW) to see if they were ok, she told me that someone from her office were shot, that person wasn't a JW..I called because her husband(JW) is in the music business.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

James Mixon - I called because her husband(JW) is in the music business.

That's the only reason that you called?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

TTWSYF:I called because they attend a lot of shows in LV, in fact he has performed in the past, so I was concern about their safety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit