Gog of Magog

by Truth and Justice 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I can see why it would be tempting to think that ‘Babylon the Great’ is Jerusalem based on the ‘get out of her’ as an analogy for Jerusalem’s destruction, but that is incorrect.

Though earlier writing of the ‘gospels’ is traditionally proposed to make parts seem prophetic, there is no tradition of an earlier writing of Revelation. The destruction of Jerusalem, including references to the period from 66-70, is already described in Revelation chapter 11. The destruction of ‘Babylon the Great’ refers to a later (hypothetical) destruction of Rome.

Revelation 17:9 identifies ‘Babylon the Great’ as sitting on 7 hills, easily recognised as ‘the seven hills of Rome’. Revelation 17:18 also says ‘Babylon the Great’ is a city with a kingdom over other kings, which very accurately describes the relationship between Rome and its various client kingdoms (one of which was Judea). Those descriptions do not fit Jerusalem.

Hence, ‘get out of her’ is better seen as a warning to Christians to avoid Rome. This would be particularly relevant during Trajan’s reign when Revelation was likely written.

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi you all, Those who responded to my post, I want to thank you. It’s always good to get a variety of opinions to come up with a resolve to a question. And I think what’s funny is that everything you all said will probably be obsolete because A NEW LIGHT AS APPEARED IN THEIR THINKING.

I would like to recognize the individuals: Smiles, Jeffry, Island Man. I have extended my research into the matter, thank you again.

I would also like to make a very strong opinion. When a Witness wanted to discuss a chapter in Daniel, and I believe if not mistaken, it was chapter 11. She was telling me all the societies teaching in this chapter. What was so striking was she came up with names of individuals (regards to the characters in the chapter) that were NOT EVEN MENTIONED IN THE CHAPTER OF THE BIBLE.

If it isn’t in the scriptures then why are these people adding to Gods word, not good.

I questioned this persons intellect and could not believe she could come up with this on her own, but when I went to the INTERNET, and punched in the chapter in Daniel, her letter to me ABOUT HER UNDERSTANDING was almost IDENTICAL TO WHAT WAS ON THE INTERNET .

And this seems to be an ongoing thing with the WTS instead of sticking strictly to the scriptures. As they say now, but, but, but, we got to obey they are Jehovahs representative. Very disturbing.

Anyway, Happy Trails to all…….

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Truth and Justice:

I would also like to make a very strong opinion. When a Witness wanted to discuss a chapter in Daniel, and I believe if not mistaken, it was chapter 11. She was telling me all the societies teaching in this chapter. What was so striking was she came up with names of individuals (regards to the characters in the chapter) that were NOT EVEN MENTIONED IN THE CHAPTER OF THE BIBLE.

The JW interpretation is based on the Adventist interpretation.

See Daniels dreams and visions (JW interpretation)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit