We owe our children honesty, integrity, and the TTATT.

by Fognomore 10 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Fognomore
    Fognomore

In my waking up I have come to a very emotional and costly conclusion. I have been waking up for about 2 years.

The greatest gift we ( I ) can give our children is honesty and TTATT. I can no longer go to meetings , I can no longer watch my kids be “ different “ , I can no longer be intellectually lazy , I can no longer believe in a “ sky daddy “. I want to give my kids the gift of freedom, freedom from the demanding and abusive cult of the JW’s. , freedom to question , freedom to use critical thinking , freedom to find their gifts , freedom to go for their PHD if they want , freedom to develop proper coping mechanisms. I am done with the bull shit - I am done. I am done hiding my thoughts -

thank you all - love you all - stay strong

• galaxie
    galaxie

All plus points....well done !

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

I agree with you 100%

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Amen, Amen. Still Totally ADD

• Giordano
    Giordano

Fognomore this is more then just a point of view...... it is a brilliant manifesto of what and who we are as individuals, husbands, wives and parents.

We have real responsibilities that need to be dealt with because we will be held accountable by our children and mates.

Forget about the 'friends' who are not. The seriously uneducated Elder's who are not. Forget about a dogma that was already corrupted from the very first issue of Zion's Watchtower.

Do what those followers of Jim Jones couldn't do........ pack up your stuff, gather your loved ones and march the hell out of that jungle.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Welcome fognomore.

I wish we had given these gifts to our children when they were growing up. But alas and alack! we raised them in the cult. Thankfully, though our youngest has recently left and is raising his children with the freedoms you mentioned. I can't say the same for our oldest son, but we have hope.

Reopened Mind

• Scully
    Scully

Those were precisely the same emotions Mr Scully and I went through when we were in the process of leaving the JW belief system.

The clincher for us was reading in the Aid Book™ and the Insight™ volumes under the definition of the word LIE.

It said words to the effect that "it is not necessary to tell the truth to individuals who are not entitled to it." Think about that for a minute. Who are they saying is "not entitled to" truthful information? The average JW thinks about opposers who want to incriminate them or the Organization™. But clearly, it could also refer to the GB withholding honesty from average JWs. We had noticed, multiple times in fact, where the Publications™ conflicted with one another (flip flops like who among those who were killed at Sodom and Gomorrah would be Resurrected™; or wholesale rejection of higher education, then allowing for it, then rejecting it again; saying Armageddon™ was Just Around the Corner™ for exactly how many decades now?).This plus so many other things made it abundantly clear that JWs were not purveyors of The Truth™, they never were and they never would be.

We were humble with our eldest, who was old enough to understand the ramifications of leaving. We told him that we had been fooled by people who didn't have our best interests at heart, and that we were going to start making our own decisions instead of allowing the JWs to influence us. It was a great feeling to let go, and get out as a family.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Congratulations Fognomore its nice to come out of fear, ignorance and the corruption instituted by a corrupt and maligning religious publishing house. (WTS/JWorg)

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Welcome Fognomore. This is a bump up for a great thread. Still Totally ADD

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Welcome Fognomore ,look forward to hearing more of your story when you are ready .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit