I Beat The Tower, and So Can You

by D8TA 16 Replies latest jw friends

• D8TA
    D8TA

There wont be any one-shot wonders to bring the mighty Dark Watchtower crumbling down. No magic rings to destroy, no torpedoes that are to be launced in some weak spot to make the whole damn thing explode.

But...

There is a way to beat the Tower, and already the process of it´s destruction has begun. Every member (or considerate) leaves, it´s a victory. Every person who is informed of the decietful nature and prison the WTBTS is and turns their ear from their vile lies, it´s a victory.

Growth has been slowing down and negative numbers are beginning to show. Most of it´s children are leaving, thanks to education and the internet.

Simple things beat the Tower really:
    Websites like these.
    When somebody leaves and makes a new dream and wish upon a star, and shoots for it.
    Living yourlife the way you want.
    When two people who have been hurt and find each other and start friendships or a new love begins.

Sure we have family members still in, and that for the most part is a big hurt....but some times, you have to let that go too. There is always the possibility of helping a family member become liberated, but also, there are somethings that never change and you have to let go.

In fact, there has been enough damage done to the Tower´s foundation already that it is weakning. Maybe in our generation or perhaps the next, it will simply fade to a few members. Sure it will most likely be around for awhile, because there is always some fool who is going to buy a bridge.

I defied and beat the tower. The memories and teachings are all forgotten, and I realize one thing, paradise is what you make of it.

My new love, this ocean, the wind in the trees, the sun in my face...and finally peace to be found.

I can´t help but smile and see the similarities of Andy Dufrense character in the Shawshank Redemption in mirror to my own. Zeijuantinaho...

Peace and paradise is where YOU want to find it. Not where somebody tells you where it is and how to get it.

Anybody who knows and reads their Bible and has decided to believe in such, all they have to remember is: ¨Believe that I am the Son of God and Thru Me you will be saved¨.

That is for everybody. How you want to dictate your life around that scripture...well that is up to you. And no matter what people say when they quote disciples or Paul....These are the words from Christ himself. So in a way, nobody is an expert with the Bible. With those words, all you have to do is ¨believe¨. All the rest of what you hear...be it the ¨how, what, where, when¨ of it all to your eternal salvation is opinion and frankly for my belief is bullshit. Just believe and live your life. You´re saved...You´re a winner! Now go do something with your life, to whatever your heart dictates!

Some advice? If your heart calls upon you to help people, do it. Be it the needy, or starving, or people who cant afford medical care or don´t have access to these things....just do it. Believe me, it is a hard life...but at the end of the day, you go home knowing you helped a fellow human being whose life is just a bit more difficult than yours. And you can do this anywhere.

After 20 years to this date, that I invented the handle of D8TA, I put this name to rest...as well as my typing fingers.

And should you happen to come to Aracaju - Brazil, and take the ferry to the Island of Costa Barra...look for that little beach house, third from the end of the road named Avenida Reiberopolis...and stop by to say hello.

Jay Landry - 1
    WTBTS - 0

Game Over.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

D8TA nice to see you and right on

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Watchtower will be like the Shakers, only without the fine furniture.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Jay. It sounds like you are leaving us. I'm glad we had a chance to meet.

You are right on all points. Thanks for the words of wisdom, and have a happy, happy life down there.
    Marilyn

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

You're right. The only victory against the Tower that matters, is the individual one. If you win it, you win it all.

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

Hi Jay!

What a great attitude! I always thought we should be helping others that really needed our help. Not just a ride to the meeting. Some people need our listening ear and not a bible lecture. Some people need to be comforted now instead of waiting for the paradise earth. I always wondered why the JW's didn't help people who really needed it NOW.

And you are right. We should live our lives the way we see fit. I didn't like the fact that the WTS seemed to add on to the scripture about being saved by believing. They added on all kinds of extra requirements in order to be saved. And they seemed to keep adding on through the years. No wonder we were all depressed. How could we possibly keep up with it all to be saved? Living a good, honest, humble life and believe is all we need. How simple.......

And remember Andy Dufresne also said " Get busy living or get busy dying". I was dying with the JW's. Now I'm living!

Strawberryfieldsforever

• willyloman
    willyloman

Jay: Nice job of expressing the the way we all feel when we finally taste freedom. It is an individual effort, and everyone has to find their own path. But it's nice we have each other to talk to. If we never "see" you again, have a wonderful life.

• Simon
    Simon

Very well put D8TA / Jay

No one is going to destroy the watchtower going head to head with it and all it does is just give them more power - they are still hurting you and controlling your life if you do. I've seen some people who have made it their lifes mission to try and destroy them and they become very bitter people.

Walking away and living a happy life, your own life, is the way to defeat them and helping others to do the same. I've seen people who simply try and help others to find their own freedom and they seem happy and content.

Once day we'll turn around and lo and behold ... the mighty walls will be overgrown and crumbling.

• shamus
    shamus

If I'm ever in Brazil.... you sound like an interesting person, and I would love to meet up. If you're ever in Canada, and want to see the rockies, the invitation is open all the time!

Great attitude, and good luck toyou! Remember my offer. It is real and I don't care how many years from now it is. CONTACT ME!

[email protected]

That email address will always be around!

• detective
    detective
    The Watchtower will be like the Shakers, only without the fine furniture.

That's too funny!! good one, nathan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit