Were You A Gullible JW?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think every congregation has their group that sees everything as a sign that they are God’s Chosen People.

If a Witness didn’t go to a meeting and a storm came and destroyed their house and killed them, and only the Kingdom Hall was saved, that was a sign that we should be in Jehovah’s house.

If Russia persecuted JWs , it’s proof we are living in the last days.

Since the religion is all about genuine love (supposedly) some foolishly believe that no matter what happens the brotherhood will be there for them.

So tell me were you or others you knew really gullible Witnesses?

• blondie
    blondie

Not much; but I wished, like I do when I buy a lottery ticket.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I would say that there were about 5 or 6 years that I was very gullible as a JW.

• benny
    benny

I was very gullible and believed every dogma printed until researching. Most I know are gullible though I think there are some who have doubts but are afraid to speak up.

• benny
    benny

Warwick would never be taken or destroyed. Would that not spark Armageddon. I tell you they would believe that if the watchtower printed it

• LV101
    LV101

To a degree but skeptical about the supernatural as I was in the Baptist Church at age 6. Realized immediately they were the antithesis of love but it was the promises of justice and peace, cubbies&cheetas, wink/wink bla bla.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I believed it all until I didn't. I have always been a very honest person so I believed that the GB would never lie because that is the worse thing you could do regarding God.

Imagine a cartoon where a novice demon asks "Where does all the fire from Hell come from anyway?? So he's taken down a hundred flight of stairs to a room. Inside the room are the GB with their pants on fire. Such Liars.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS:

No, not totally. But, I was very hopeful in the early years.

Thankfully, I wasn’t so gullible to care if people in the JW religion “approved” of me and I ignored their unwanted advice and meddling in my business...I was young but realized I had to support myself and kept my job until retirement...So, what would idiot JWs approval mean now?

I am glad I had the fortitude to do what I needed and dismiss the absurdity and hypocrisy!..Lurkers take note.

• jp1692
    jp1692

The short answer is: Yes

By definition, all cult members are gullible. They are gullible for believing the myths and lies which persuade them to join in the first place. That should be obvious.

Even Born-ins probe themselves to be gullible if they continue to believe after more than a few years of adult life and experience.

Of course the psychology behind joining and/or remaining in a cult is much more complex than my simplistic response might seem to suggest.

But the question in the OP was not that subtle: it was direct and straightforward and so is my answer.

• minimus
    minimus

I know baptized Witnesses that were raised in the religion and never believed in anything. They were forced to get baptized by their parents. They were in the cult but were never gullible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit