do they take single females in bethel now?

by Azalo 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Seems the preference runs to young boys.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Touche..............Yerusalyim

Love Orangefatcat..

• simplesally
    simplesally

They accept a lot of sisters with nursing skills now, to take care of the aging Bethelites.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

When I was growing up here in Canada young unmarried sisters were not allowed. UNLESS YOU HAD SOMETHING THEY WANTED then they would make an exception. I don't know whether that has changed at the present.

wannaexit

• blondie
    blondie

Actually single sisters are in big demand with the single brothers not in charge. When I was last at Bethel, it was said that a single sister would only be single for 6 months before she was engaged. Unless sisters have a special work skill, plumbing, nursing, etc., they are rarely called. Of course, there are also those who have strings to pull but single sisters are considered disruptive just by their presence.

One single 20 year old Bethel brother said marriage was the furthest thing from his mind until he got to Bethel. And then it seemed to be all he thought about. I don't know if it was because he was homesick and thought being married would solve that, if he was being pursued by every single sister within 50 miles under the age of 30, or something else. But he told me that a single sister had been assigned to their area and there were 20 brothers trying to get her attention. 20 brothers not attending to their work.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit