The new service meeting

by John Aquila 133 Replies latest jw experiences

• cappytan
    cappytan
    BoC has a good point.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

OMG, another episode of John A's "ear-tickling" bullcrap!! And he drums up 7 pages of responses!!

Bravo John, BRAVO!!!!!

These are entertaining stories, but not nearly as entertaining as NewBoy's, which absolutely have the ring of "truth" to them.

• sir82
    sir82
    You haven't posted one of these yarns for at least a month...thanks for this morning's entertainment.
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ sir82:

That's because it took him a month to think up this BS and type it out with a straight face.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I smell poop.

Rub a Dub

• Tenacious
    Tenacious
    Holy freaking hell, they are pimping me out. There’s a lot of other hilarious stuff that happened and I have to say it is quite a tempting lure to pull me back to the kingdom hall, but I think I will pass. (The picture of the long legs of the 30 year old really got to me) Now I know why Israel fell to Moab right before the promise land.

I nearly fell off the chair with this one.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I actually believed this at first, but in hindsight I have to say it's one of those things that sounds too good to be true, and things that sound too good to be true usually aren't true. I wonder if JA is playing a game here, saying something that would be nice to believe actually happened to see how many buy it. We all accuse the JWs of confirmation bias, maybe he wants to see how many in the ex JW world are just as guilty of it. It's like those silly modern urban legend stories they tell as actual experiences at the conventions.

While it wouldn't be surprising that a few long time JWs are having doubts about the organization because of the many changes going on right now, would they really openly acknowledge those doubts to others in a group, when saying the GB doesn't speak for God could get you disfellowshipped for apostasy? You might say something to a close friend, but not to a group, ladies of this age would know where that could lead. And how likely are long time dubs going to question things that much anyway? They have a lifetime of suppressing doubts and accepting whatever the Watchtower says no matter how ridiculous, why would they really start questioning things now? Maybe a few here and there, but not that many and not all at once. The part about the wills especially sounds ridiculous.

The other nonsense about the ladies attempting to set him up with an attractive sister just seems like wishful thinking on his part. The whole thing doesn't smell right.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

All these sisters--- eleven of them stopped by.

Yeah. Okay John.

• Sabin
    Sabin

I feel compelled to say something, we speak out against the WTBTS we say what we have discovered about their doctrines & how they are untruths. As a result millions of rank & file JW's tear down our characters, name calling, saying we lie saying we tell stories & we don't like it.

If you don't believe what JA has written then all well & good, but is it necessary to be so mean?

Magnum, you surprise me.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

All these sisters--- eleven of them stopped by.

Let me guess ...

It would have been twelve sisters stopped by but sister Judas hung herself on the way to the party.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit