Do you know anyone with corona virus?

by eyeslice2 14 Replies latest jw friends

• eyeslice2
    eyeslice2

Just asking if any here personally know anyone with or who has had the corona virus?

What was their experience like? Are they on the mend?

Asking as there is a lot of press about number of deaths and people are right to be worried but at the same time we need things in perspective.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

One friend, one relative had nasty flu with fever, but no tests. If we did know someone it would put all the panic and looming bankruptcies in perspective. Either know for sure it is a danger or know we are being hosed.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I wonder if the GB have any idea how many JW`s are infected and whether if they did know something whether they would publish it .

What would be the pros and cons of revealing such numbers ? if they had them ?

• hoser
    hoser

They are only testing people with extreme symptoms so you probably know someone who had it. If you’ve had cold like symptoms in the last 2 months you might have had it yourself but never got tested.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

We have 3 with the virus in our county. A friend of ours was exposed by one of those victims and is in a 21 day quarantine. Our county is one of the very few who have low numbers so far but I feel the numbers will go up very soon. Still Totally ADD

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Yes. My BIL and his wife both have the virus, but are making a slow recovery. He'd been working in Austria but came home earlier than expected and was in contact with a whole bunch of guys from Italy who'd been on a skiing trip.

He says that it's unbelievably debilitating and has hammered into his immune system so that other stray bugs surface later.They're in total isolation so we've posted chocolate bars to them in the hope of cheering them up.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Yes. My parents and siblings. It took abut 3 weeks for them to recover.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With the number of no-tests, I expect to get it at some point. Given the occupation I have, I expect to come in contact with someone with coronavirus (and probably someone that doesn't have symptoms yet). Even with all the hand washing and sanitizer, that only does so much if someone coughs in the vicinity. (And masks offer incomplete protection, too.) Not that I am specifically worried--I usually miss out on most flus, including the swine flu when it went widespread in my area.

But, that doesn't mean I am doing nothing else about it. The next line of defense is to make it more of "Oh wow, that didn't even hurt!". I know that it doesn't get another chance, so if the first one doesn't hurt, that's it. Beyond vitamin C (and yes, that reduces my colds down to about half or slightly less), I have been taking vitamin D, astragalus, elderberry syrup (which is good to help the immune system), lycopene (so my immune system doesn't waste energy on inflammation where not warranted), schisandra berry powder (also helps the immune system), and numerous herbs and minerals for my pineal gland. I have echinacea and oregano oil on hand, just in case. That should reduce the chances of its hurting.

More of an issue, I am finding widespread limits on grocery items in my area (as is the case everywhere). There are spotty supplies on toilet paper, Lysol, bleach, oatmeal, pasta, rice, peanut butter, and cleaning supplies. Once we get a total lockdown, I expect either the stores will be closed totally, or we will have to show papers to verify that we are going for necessities and not luxuries (and they decide what constitutes "necessities"). It might also be impossible for deliveries to enter or leave the area, meaning shortages of items that are even worse than we have now. And, if they do pack the churches this Easter, I expect we are going to see more people actually catching coronavirus from church, and then the problem will be even worse.

• Simon
    Simon

When the current number of known cases worldwide is in the 2-300,000 range, the chance of people personally knowing someone is low.

The risk is that it grows exponentially, that you don't know of people personally is a good thing, that's what we want to continue.

If we get to the point where lots of us know lots of people who have it, then the mortality rate is going to go up, because health systems will be overwhelmed.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The person I was talking about has now come down with a high fever. May be the 4th one in our county to come down with the virus. Still Totally ADD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit