Who wrote the Bible?

by Ireneus 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Onager
    Onager

So you take the bible and you say "This bit isn't true, and this bit... and this whole section here. But this bit is the true and perfect word of God."

Congratulations, you have made your own bible. This means that the person who wrote the bible is you!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

@onager,

And that is exactly what already happened when people (evil apostate Catholic cardinals according to JW) decided which letters and books should be in the Bible canon, and which ones should not be in there.

And even on this matter people disagree, as there are (and have been) quite a few different Bible canons. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_biblical_canons

Built on this shaky foundation, believers then decide which parts to adhere to or ignore.

• Ireneus
    Ireneus
    Onager

This is not about creating one’s own Bible. Jeremiah had trouble with priestly class of his time because he accused them of fabricating things as scriptures. (Jeremiah 8:8) Because of the way he was persecuted by them he called Pazhoor (priest) “as terror on all side.” (Jeremiah 20:10)

Interestingly, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 says we need to choose from the Scriptures what is only kalos(inherently and intrinsically good) which means many verses are weeds as implied by Jesus in his famous illustration of the weeds. (Mathew 13:24-30) I have no problem in identifying what is inherently and intrinsically good.

• Onager
    Onager

Ireneus

I have no problem in identifying what is inherently and intrinsically good.

Yes, you make the choice, so you are the creator. Somebody could do exactly what you've done with the Bible with the Quran, or any other book, and achieve exactly the same result.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate
    The wordings suggest much of the Bible is written by false friends of God.

So there is a God ? Interesting

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    • I have no problem in identifying what is inherently and intrinsically good.

By what means do you identify the good and bad?

By what standard do you measure this?

How did you determine that this standard is the (or a) correct standard for identifying the good and the bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit