Quick Introduction

by Nocturne 31 Replies latest jw friends

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome.

cj

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Nocturne. If we get lost in the story about our outwards situations we can feel very uncomfortable and trapped. I suggest practicing a little meditation, and giving attention to this moment while feeling your breathing and the gentle and silent sense of being alive. Be patient and find that within yourself you are free already, even if on the outside it may not seem so. Be gentle and kind to yourself and your dear mother. You will get through this. All will turn out well. You are not alone. Glad you are here. j

• amac
    amac

Welcome Nocturne! Just keep an open mind and take things slow and you'll be fine!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, Nocturne! Sad to say that having one's children baptised in the borg at a reasonably early age is looked upon as some sort of status symbol which many over-achieving jdubs mistakenly use to escalate their "AAQ" (acceptable association quotient). Glad you're here...lotsa support on this forum for you.

Frannie B

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome!!!

Isn't it amazing when our "rose colored glasses" come off? I too was raised in the "truth" and a pub for 36 years when my "glasses" started to come off. The Dateline issue on TV (almost 2 years ago) started causing a lot of doubts for me. I hate hypocrisy and when I found out the WTBS have thousands of pedophile lawsuits...I just didn't feel so warm and cozy about it.

You will find some very caring people here and more info that is legitimate. Enjoy your new journey!!!

Codeblue

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Nocturne,

I'm in your same situation. Hanging on by the skin of my teeth just to keep a relationship with my parents and husband, and longing for the right time to leave that religion behind.

Welcome!

DY

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. There are still alot of things to learn, but just by lurking here, and reading other people's experiences, I see so many similarities in things that happen, and I always used to think it was a glitch rather than the norm. I'm definitely going to take things slowly, continue to research.

Based on your name, perhaps you're a nocturnal (night-time) creature? Or maybe you post on the board nocturnally after your mom is "noct" out?

Gopher, very perceptive of you to notice that, except I'm not too worried about my mom since my computer is in my room. I've always been a night person, and I work really well at night. It also has another meaning that relates to music.

Welcome, Nocturne! I can relate to your post too -- my mother was the Queen of Guilt Trips and I'm an only child too, so I got all of 'em. However, life DOES go on, your mother WON'T die if you don't do things her way, and it's YOUR life

Thanks alot for the encouragement cruzanheart, and thanks to alot of thinking and soul searching over the last few weeks, these guilt trips will no longer affect me, they'll just roll off my back. The sad part about it though is, I know some who are in worst situation then me with their parents taking control over their lives.

Interesting that you use the term Emotional Blackmail..have you read the book entitled Emotional Blackmail...it's worth the read if you haven't.

Hey shotgun, I'll definitely check that book out. It was a few months ago reading one of the experiences in here that someone would use that same tactic on them, and a light bulb just went off where I realized my mom uses those same tactics on me.

thanks again,

Nocturne

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Nocturne,

Welcome. Glad to have you here. Just continue reading and thinking. Your path will reveal itself to you.

SNG

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Hi Nocturne,

I'm glad to see you here at the board.

I remember first coming here last summer and the initial emotions running through me as I came to realize the truth about the Troof

Then I DA'd myself Nov '03

Yes, take it slow if you can and be calculated about your actions.

Best wishes and Good Luck [we can say that now ]

Looking FWD to your future posts!

Paul [Winston]

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Welcome Nocturne ....

If you read my profile, you will see that I am still "in" also but I too have a better understanding of what "really
    goes on in the borg now.

Anyway, enjoy the board and again, welcome.

***** Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit