6 New Kingdom Halls Built In The US This Year

by James Jack 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Jack
    James Jack

On our Local Needs part tonight, the Elder (On the local LDC), conducting the part, said he just got back from a Meeting in Memphis TN with Members from the US Branch RDC conducting the meeting. They mentioned that only 6 New Kingdom Halls and 2 Major Re-Models were completed in 2016. "It may seem like a small accomplishment, considering under the Old RBC arrangement there was some 700 projects on the average each year being done", "but, this is going 5-10 years of training to kick this new program into optima production". Then he added, "We have applications on hand if you want to be a part of this new arrangement that Jehovah's Organization has put into place".

I'm thinking, boy, they must be building up a large cash reserve.

• antes8080
    antes8080

I still wonder what is that cash for what's there ten year business plan. They are only building one hall here in my area there not sure when it will happen.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Yep if your not saying that thier building then the cash flow will falter. So keep telling them theirs going to be tons more buildings and the money will flow.

• sir82
    sir82

James,

Did you see my topic?

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5665700951621632/con-completed-comments-from-us-branchs-ldc-chief

You are right, they have collected $hundreds of millions from the congregations for the sole express purpose of building Kingdom Halls, and now have decided not to build Kingdom Halls. So what are they doing with the money?

• dogon
    dogon

They will say the slow down shows the end is near and the work is starting to wrap up. Its a heads they win tails we lose thing.

• never a jw
    never a jw

...and how many have been sold? The wondrous expansion may be...well... a contraction.

• bohm
    bohm

SIX?!. If that is true that would be amazing as it would certainly mean the total number of halls is falling rapidly given just the usual rate of sell-offs.

• James Jack
    James Jack

sir82

Yes, I read your earlier post. But this Brother was throwing around these low number of accomplishments, and I was taken a back. Such a major difference from the RBC days where there was at least a building project per month just for our RBC and there were some 100 different RBC's throughout the U.S.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Yeah, wondrous contraction. I know of four halls sold and three of those halls were way out in the country with the congregations being dissolved. Can you feel the love? Another congregation was dissolved in a city leaving room at that hall... for more contraction (another displaced congregation). Notably, I am not well informed, and this is all in one state of the midwest! There are probably more in my state that I do not know about.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

James....sent you a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit