Old new light - The Pyramid.

by AlanB 10 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanB
    AlanB

Found some interesting quotes while having a surf, on the 'quotes site' you might find this summary of interest.

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/pyramid.htm

1903 Great Pyramid is a testimony in stone to Gods plan
    1904 Measurement of entrance passage is 3416 inches indicating time of end will be 1874.
    1908 Jesus is the top stone
    1908 Great Pyramid is a witness to the plan of God.

Then the Pyramid mysteriously grows 41 inches in 6 years, although no record of this exists in archaeological records.

1910 Measurement of entrance passage now 3457 inches, time of the end now 1914.
    1922 Pyramid was designed by God.
    1925 Pyramid is a silent witness of the Lord

Then the Pyramid suddenly goes out of favour.

1928 Pyramid not mentioned in Bible, following such teachings is vain philosophy.
    1928 Pyramid built by rulers of Egypt under direction of Satan.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Oopsie!!!

• Room 215
    Room 215

..So much for their claims of ``having been purged of the taints of Paganism and Babylonish teachings"! Add this one to the lingering ``cross in crown" and the celebration of Christmas which also persisted until the late twenties as survivors of the 1919 ``cleansing."

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What happened was that the "pyramid thing" was Russell's idea, and after allowing a sufficient time following Russell's death, Rutherford had to cleanse the organization of Russellite teachings so as to make it (the org) his own.

Likewise, after Rutherford's death, the two-headed Knorr/Franz moved to purge Watchtowerism of Rutherfordian teachings and leave their own mark.

After the death of Knorr/Franz, nameless ones arose and contended for supremacy in the land of the Watchtower. In the outworkings of time, Ted Jaracz took control of the land and all the peoples therein.

But the people havesuffered under Jaracz' yoke, and many anticipate with longing expectation the day of his death, his rotting, so that a new era might begin, an era in which the mandates of King Jaracz will be erased.

All the while, the sock puppet called Jehovah laughed. Not the laugh of knowing, not the laugh of superior knowledge, but the laugh of a senseless sock puppet.

And it was so...

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Wow, they sure do know how to "work it", don't they?

/<

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Even though the Pyramid,"The Altar in Egypt" was denounced as Satan's Monument by J.F.Rutherford in 1928,volume three of" Studies in the Scriptures"by J.f.Rutherford has an entire chapter in support of the Great Pyramid,and it was still being "SOLD!"by the society untill 1944! For 16 years after they knew the truth about the Pyramids,they still grabbed the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the book that was no longer accepted as the truth about the Pyramids.

Blueblades

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Also they considered the Pyramid to be SATAN'S BIBLE,yet they still promoted it for years after 1928 until 1944.How much money did they get for Satan's Bible?$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Blueblades

• wednesday
    wednesday

I still marvel at the things i did not know about the orgin of the org. while still an active JWS. I once met an apostate at the door and he tried to tell me about all that stuff, but my mind was totally sealed-not one thing he said penetrated. That is why I have always said,the org. sinks it own ship by being so abusive. B/c while i never sought to oppose them while in, and never ever looked at apostate material, they made me what i am today. they themselves make apostates; they hurt people to the point of wanting to get even with them. If another religion had roots like this-imagine what they would say about them.

sorry to get off the thread subject a bit, i just get so mad when i see stuff like this

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Nathan N, you made me giggle...............thanks!

Terri

• RR
    RR

Actually, Russell depended on others for the measurements of the pyramid. he never actually went there and measured it. So he relied on Piazzi Smyth's works. A few years later, Piazzi Smyth revised his book and stretched the ,easurem,ent, admitting that he was previously wrong. Russell then made the corrections in his writings when he was informed of the change.

It's interest, that the measurements were stretched from 1874 to 1914. However, it must be noted that Russell NEVER rejected the 1874 date, he still held to it as the start of the presence.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit