Watchtower Lies Hurt Victims

by silentlambs 23 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ianao
    ianao

Yadrift:

*** w97 1/1 29 Let Us Abhor What Is Wicked ***
    Depending on the law of the land where he lives, the molester may well have to serve a prison term or face other sanctions from the State. The congregation will not protect him from this. Moreover, the man has revealed a serious weakness that henceforth will have to be taken into account. If he seems to be repentant, he will be encouraged to make spiritual progress, share in the field service, even have parts in the Theocratic Ministry School and nonteaching parts in the Service Meeting. This does not mean, though, that he will qualify to serve in a position of responsibility in the congregation. What are the Scriptural reasons for this?
    For one thing, an elder must be “self-controlled.” (Titus 1:8) True, none of us have perfect self-control. (Romans 7:21-25) But a dedicated adult Christian who falls into the sin of child sexual abuse reveals an unnatural fleshly weakness. Experience has shown that such an adult may well molest other children. True, not every child molester repeats the sin, but many do. And the congregation cannot read hearts to tell who is and who is not liable to molest children again. (Jeremiah 17:9) Hence, Paul’s counsel to Timothy applies with special force in the case of baptized adults who have molested children: “Never lay your hands hastily upon any man; neither be a sharer in the sins of others.” (1 Timothy 5:22) For the protection of our children, a man known to have been a child molester does not qualify for a responsible position in the congregation. Moreover, he cannot be a pioneer or serve in any other special, full-time service.—Compare the principle at Exodus 21:28, 29.

This too gives me the impression that no pedophile would be allowed special priveladges (sp!) ever in the cong.

Double-speak at it's finest.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

ianao

This too gives me the impression that no pedophile would be allowed special priveladges (sp!) ever in the cong.

Considering who you are (in that you're biased against the WTS to begin with) it's really no surprise that you would express that opinion. In other words, most who have left the Society will see it through the same colored glasses that you wear. So you're not accomplishing much by simply registering your vote out of loyalty to your friends. And that's exactly what it appears that you have done, because you didn't address any specific point ... you just said that you agree with Silentlambs, without explaining why.

Yadirf

• ianao
    ianao
    Considering who you are (in that you're biased against the WTS to begin with) it's really no surprise that you would express that opinion. In other words, most who have left the Society will see it through the same colored glasses that you wear.

LOL. ASSumptions can get you into trouble Yadirf. I have never been a witness.

ASSumption #1: Ianao is an ex-witness.

So you're not accomplishing much by simply registering your vote out of loyalty to your friends. And that's exactly what it appears that you have done, because you didn't address any specific point ... you just said that you agree with Silentlambs, without explaining why.

ASSumption #2: I'm registering a vote.
    ASSumption #3: I have friends on this board.

Outcome: You're an ass. On the other hand, you did say that it "appears" that way, so I will give you some credit. Read the thread again, paying particular attention to your own words in response to others. You will see the "point" I was referring to.

If you don't, then I don't give a shit. And, if you think that I'm "copping out", then I could accuse you of the same thing for not giving a substantial reply to my post.

Cya L8r Yadrift.

"Keep telling yourself you're a penguin. You may just believe it one day".

• ianao
    ianao

Oh, Yadrift:

Considering who you are (in that you're biased for the WTS to begin with) it's really no surprise that you would express that opinion. In other words, most who stay in the Society see it through the same colored glasses that you wear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit