Awake Magazine - No Longer Being Printed?

by JWTom 61 Replies latest jw friends

• JWTom
    JWTom

Someone made reference in another post that the Awake magazine had ceased publication. Maybe I missed it since I have not been on here as much in the last 6 months. Is this true? Nothing on JW.org to indicate this other than the missing 2021 issues. Last publication of Awake was in June 2020. I have not missed many meetings since Covid-19 started....have not heard one word from anyone that Awake is officially history?

Anyone know more?

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

I thought it was down to 1 issue every 2 months, for 6 issues annually. But I might be wrong.

• JWTom
    JWTom

No indication on JW.org that anything has changed with it. All of the text indicates that it is still an actively published magazine.....but the last edition was No. 3 2020 - no issues published since.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I googled it. Triannual. But you would think no. 1 would be out by now. There goes my college equivalent course. I will have to "read" a public WT from curiosity

• cachito
    cachito

The ups and downs of the magazine "awaken" of the sect of jehovah's witnesses. And its final suspension after its final launch in June 2020

https://a-jw.org/featured/awake-magazine-a-quiet-death-to-a-false-hope/

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

Well let's see!

There hasn't been door to door preaching for over a year

All kingdom halls have been shut for over a year

There hasn't been a convention for over a year

They aren't printing and books like they used to every year

They sent hundreds Bethelites home

Got rid of DOs

Pioneers don't have to do the required hrs.

Practicably all the young jws are leaving once they turn 18

They are selling tons of Kingdom halls every year-so they aren't expecting a Great Crowd to come in

And the child sex abuse continues

What was the question? Oh that right, "Have they stopped printing the Awake Magazine

• hoser
    hoser
    road to nowhere5 hours ago

I googled it. Triannual. But you would think no. 1 would be out by now. There goes my college equivalent course. I will have to "read" a public WT from curiosity

It’s definitely cheaper than paying that expensive tuition for a fancy degree plus if you have a fireplace or an outhouse it’s a bonus.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Good news that makes me happy.

RB.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow!...The Awake magazine has apparently gone by way of Sears And Roebuck Department Stores and Montgomery Ward Department Stores...finally!

Without so much as an announcement the WTBTS Society has buried one of its landmark publications...The Awake...is this true???

• alanv
    alanv

I can see how it would make sense to suspend the printing of many things during a worldwide pandemic, but surely the magazine can be available online, as other Watchtower literature is. That does seem strange, when Watchtower make such a fuss about suppling spiritual food at the the proper time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit