Trusting ourselves vs trusting the org

by Lady Lee 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

A comment from an anonymous reader

I think that one of the truly destructive things the witnesses did to me as a child was to successfully intimidate me out of my intuitions - about people, for sure - about other things as well.

Also, as you've alluded, out of my own faith and trust in myself and the intellectual and perceptual gifts that God bestowed upon me. Just because he is God and I am his beloved creation.

Yup we need to use all our ability to live well

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

says-This has been a captivating thread, I read with eagerness each persons respone to the statemenmt, "trusting ourselves vs trusting the org" to my utter amazement I could not believe there was that many definations for TRUST in the dictionary.

Would you believe that there is " eleven entries" found for the word trust each having several meanings. It took 18 computer pages to define trust. I couldn't believe my eyes. As I read each definiation for the word Trust, one thing was abondantly clear, that in no way is the so-called Truth as spoken through the mouth of the WTS trustworthy or in any way reliable. Let me share some of my findings with you:

"T R U S T"

• trusting encompasses a vast amount of elements.
    • trust is a firm reliance on the integrity ability or character of a person or thing.
    • its also a reliance on something in the future; hope. Projected by the WTS.
    • when we trust the WTS we have or place reliance in them. ie. Trust in the Lord, Trust to destiny. Trust the WTS. I prefer to trust myself at this point ...
    • trust is having confidence. or placing confidence in someone. Lady Lee are your ears ringing?
    • with trust we expect assurances such as , I trust that you will be on time for the meeting.
    • tust is to believe; I trust what you say.
    • in the possesssion or care of a trustee. Our lives we intrusted to the Organization.
    • As with all words we have synonyms that imply the same meaning of a word but the word is not spelled the same.
    • example -- trust,-- faith,-- confidence,-- dependence-- are all words that mean trust...trust in.

As a noun it denotes a feeling of certainty that a person or thing will not fail. It implies depth and assurance of feelings that is often based on inconclusive evidences. Hebrews XI;I-end of chapter. defention of faith (trust)

We don't have to see something to know it will happen, in the case of planting a seedling it will grow into a massive tree. denoting confidence that this will happen . We believe in air, wind and we cannot see these elements only the effects of them. Waves micro waves all examples.

when we have trust in something like the JW org. we expect an assured resting of our minds on the integrity, veracity. justice of all persons and teachings of doctrine, dogma, prophecy.

There is an assured anticipation , dependence upon something future as if present or actual; hope belief, Such as" Trust have we through Christ ", IICorthinations III;IV & another " O Lord God, thou art my trust from my youth". Ps LXXI;V

WE intrust our lives as in the care of a doctor, the doctor-patient relationship is based on trust or faith relying in his expertise.

we tell our creditors that we will pay our depts. (okay crossing my fingers behind my back)

We tust in God, we rely on Him and His Word. We trust in your friendship.

we swear in truthfulness that we have a university degree. ie.

In confidence we could say, " I believe that he will come back from the war".

How about the messenger that was entrusted with the general's secret.

I commit my soul to God or entrust intrust ,confide, commit my life to Him without the Watchtower Organization and there interpretations.

So now you can trust me when I tell you that the organzation is not the truth .

I believe in God that he will show me the truth.

I can be held responsible for the child in my care. I love and care for my family with out reservations.

Lady Lee I trust you and all the hardships you have endured. You are indeed the Salt of the Earth.

I trust that everything I say to you with all my heart I love each and everyone of you and I hope that all of you will have a wonderful prosperous, Happy New Year for 2004. Wishing all your dreams come true.

Love ya all

Orangefatcat. (trust me )

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow OFC that was awesome info on just one word. We placed were forced to place so much trust in an organization that kept us in the dark and never once had one of their prophesies come true. And still we believed and followed (like lambs to the slaughter).

I have had to work very hard to learn to trust myself, my gut feelings about things, my memory, ME.

I feel honored by the trust that others put in me. And I feel a responsiblity to prove worthy of that trust, not just until the trust is won but on a continual basis. It is such a fragile thing. And once broken so hard to regain.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

No truer words were spoken Lee,

It would be tragic to have gained the trust of so many and then lose it by doing just one thing.

As far as I see it Lee, I can say with outmost confidence you are for sure a trustworthy person.

Yes when you think of it we were lost lambs finding our way back from that near slaughterhouse. We are fighters no matter what, and will never allow anyone or thing to supress us ever again.

Be well, and I feel sorry your feet are still painful, and you can't do as much as you would like. Be good to yourself Lee.

Love ya

Orangefatcat. xoxoxo

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Lady Lee & Orangefatcat: those posts are wonderful.

Thank you for both for that.

Rayzorblade, sits back hands behind his head, feeling a sense of contentment.

Thank you.

xo,
    Rayzorblade

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

aw Ray You're such a sweetie

I was doing some more thinking about this

JWs are great about rewriting history. The org conditions us well for this mind feat. In 1975 when they said we were wrong (not them) in our expectations most people bought into it. I walked away from the Oct special meeting trying to shake the cobwebs out of my head and wondering what happened. But if enough people buy into the group think you begin to buy into it too. When enough others insist on a certain reality it becomes harder to trust yourself and eventually give in to the group-think.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bttt for Sassy

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Just some more of my ramblings.

These are hardly "ramblings:"

Information is power. They controlled the information. By doing this they were able to undermine our abilities to think and remember clearly. The constant changes, the editing (unknown to us) the concept of "tacking into the wind" and "new light" all served a very destructive purpose - to keep us unsure of ourselves.

That's pretty profound. Nice posting.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks Willy

Every now and then I read something or come across something. Then it rolls around in my head for a while until I start writing it down. I'm never quite sure just what will come out. Hence the "ramblings"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

shhh I'm sending this bttt too for soem of the new folks here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit