Are there any doctrines which all Christian religions follow.

by jwfacts 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Laika
    Laika
    If God is gender-less, then it should be that both male and female could be assigned, particularly as creator female, would be more appropriate.

Well its not without its proof texts I.e. Deut. 32:18 “You forget the rock who begot you, unmindful of the God who gave birth to you”

Anyway, to get back to the OP, there are big doctrinal differences between mainstream Christian groups but many similarities, it's when we include the spin off Christian groups like the JWs that this exercise becomes difficult, but this is largely because many Christian cults intentionally reject mainstream Christian doctrine in order to separate themselves. It shouldn't be a surprise to find few similarities between groups that are trying to avoid similarities.

• Steel
    Steel

I have an uncle who has pastored Baptist, Mennonite and evangelical churches. I really have to disagree that there are huge dogmatic gaps between 98% of christian churches.

Ex dubs have a tough time even after believing that you can be a Christian without a telemarketer package. How can we be christians if dont all have the same view of the book of relevations etc etc.

The idea of tenets of faith and the rest are just details is so alien to the jws.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Most will have 'signed up' to the Creed which is a statement of belief in broad terms.

• Nevuela
    Nevuela

Uh, the ten commandments? ALL Christians follow them. Or claim to follow them.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

How about the concept of "Guilt"?

All religions, especially Christian ones subscribe to Guilt and Sin as being an integral part of life, and one that requires divine interaction to solve or "forgive"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Laika
    It shouldn't be a surprise to find few similarities between groups that are trying to avoid similarities.

Good point. Rutherford went out of his way to differentiate his religion, such as rejection of the cross. It is also the differences that are used as the marketing message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit