Rest in Peace Martin Luther King- THIS was an Honorable Man

by flipper 18 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SNARE & RACKET- Very good points you make indeed. Anybody outside the WT Society or JW cult - no matter what great things they did were still considered " unrighteous " or " wicked " by WT Society standards . The only things that mattered to the WT Society was being a JW - nothing else. They even accepted wicked JW's who were pedophiles ! As long as they turn field service time in each month- they viewed people like that in a more favorable light than MLK. Ridiculous. But Martin Luther King was a huge inspiration to humanity, very true. We could use his help in dealing with this racial shit storm in the USA nowadays. Thanks, take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• zeb
    zeb

Simon I agree well said.

• millie210
    millie210

Hi Flipper!

I realize the points about his morals mentioned above. I think he was a visionary and a great orator in addition.

I came across a MLK quote I had not seen before. I thought you might like it.

We may have all come on different ships but we're in the same boat now - Martin Luther King

• Hecce
    Hecce

MLK: was a good Republican man and a great loss on race integration. He had his defects and one of them was plagiarizing his "dream" speech.

https://soundcloud.com/wbez/archibald-carey-jrs-1952-gop

On the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s famous ‘I Have a Dream,' a forgotten speech from more than a decade earlier reveals what helped inspire it. Chicago preacher Archibald Carey, Jr’s landmark 1952 civil rights speech was thought to be lost to history, until WBEZ found it. Here's the speech in its entirety with a brief introduction of Carey at the top. (special thanks to the Eisenhower Presidential Library)

Show more

• Simon
    Simon
    MLK sought to help restore race relations and with the divided spirit in the USA right now

MLKs key quote was "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character". I don't think anyone can claim to support this ideal and at the same time support the left which is all about identity politics and judging people based on skin color - they seem to be the ones who are most against what MLK was arguing for.

In fact, saying you are color-blind and don't care about people's ethnicity when evaluating some action is claimed by many on the left to be racist.

Yes, MLK is a racist by the standard of the modern left!

Think about it. If you support that ideology, question why.

• flipper
    flipper

MILLIE- I like that quote you mentioned from MLK. Very , very true. We are in the same boat now- that's why this divided country needs to come together to work together to rid ourselves of these racial divisions which seem to draw lines in the sand between political party's .

HECCE- Whether or not he borrowed words from someone else's speech or not does not bother me. What bothers me is how many in this country ignore what his speech was about in following his suggestions.

SIMON- Great quote by MLK. Thanks for posting it . " I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. " I agree completely

• John Davis
    John Davis

Actually, MLK in his Doctoral thesis did plagiarize a lot of the thesis. A committee in the 80s from his university found that. They did indicate that most likely that it was inadvertent but just like everyone the more times that past the more information comes out about people. It doesn't negate what he did for civil rights, but no one is without stain.

• Simon
    Simon
    Great quote by MLK. Thanks for posting it . "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. " I agree completely.

But it has profound implications.

When "[whatever color] cop shoots [whatever color] man" is a headline, we're a long long way from it. Until it's either "cop shoots innocent man" or "cop shoots criminal" then we're nowhere near - color shouldn't matter to anyone, whatever their color. It should only come up if the evidence shows "... because they were [whatever color]"

I don't see that many people do actually agree with MLKs quote. Many people may say they do but then support the policies and parties that are completely opposed to it.

• flipper
    flipper

JOHN DAVIS- Good points you make. Good to point out that inadvertently someone may copy someone's speech at times . Being a songwriter on the side myself , occasionally inadvertently I may write a song that reminds people of chords used in another song- but it's never intentional. Many times speakers, poets, or musicians may have similar thoughts to express - a crossover is bound to happen unintentionally sometimes. Only so many words, only so many chords.

SIMON- Good points you make. I think color of skin is used way too much in headlines , yes. However racism is a real problem not only in the USA , but across the universe. Your statement in regards that you don't see many people actually agreeing with MLK's quote , " Many people may say they do but then support the policies and parties that are completely opposed to it. " Indeed, so true. Yet each person will have to deal with the consequences of their decisions that they stand by - no matter what party or policy they support. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit