A great new interview video! (One of our fellow forum members) A video you will love!

by stuckinarut2 30 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

We can be the A.N.Z.A.C apostates.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    JoeWe can be the A.N.Z.A.C apostates.

Can I be an honorary one, since I'm married to one??

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@Diogenesister We'll let you wear a badge, maybe :). Australian New Zealand Apostate... Colonoscopy.

I don't know. Someone come up with a better C word.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot

Collective

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

My wife and I listened on our 16 hour drive yesterday and we both enjoyed the interview. We were both struck by your sincerity Ben, and love the points you made about confirmation bias in research for the writing. It's obvious that's what they often do.

We were both wondering about your wife and were glad you spoke about her at the end. I'm glad that you two still support one another despite differences.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The interviewer was excellent as well; interjected only to summarize key points and further the conversation.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

ANZAC stand for the name given for the infantry that fought in WW1. Australia, New Zealand, Army, Corps

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

Great interview very thorough and enlightening. This religion continues to bleed out sincere, honest and talented members as usual.

• zeb
    zeb

Bits that stood out for me;

• He suffered under one elder who dominated the kh vigorously. (has anyone checked his familys welfare..?)
    • a guy was dfd for minor things. Ben and his wife were questioned for hours separately (to see if their stories tallied)
    • elders had no education in interpersonel skills.
    • The troubles in that cong became so bad that the elder body was removed. (and replaced with what.. more of the same?)
    • A child abuse case of inapprpriate touching they "contacted the branch office" and received some advice. (we are not told what)
    • "Wedidnt give the victim support, didnt tell them to get counselling."
    • Later the victim went to the Police and one elder phoned Ben to get their stories right. Ben refused and told the police the account as he knew it. They never thought that the offender might go onto offend against other kids.
    • elders have poor academic credibility.
    • In his preparing articles for publication he realized the wt went for "quote mining" going for quotes that backed only what the wt wanted to say.
    • "I didnt have the necessary schooling" but Ben was in the writing dept.
    • Of 1914 the wt played word games.
    • Jesus "we could not take at face value."

The ARC.

• Ben expected to see some evidence from Jackson. He "appalled me with his lack of defense."He dodged evaded. One of his fellow elders later said to Ben," He wasn't really lieing (!) He was working his reply to meet all international understandings.What he said was lies in one country but would not have been in an other." ( My jaw dropped at this one).
    • Jackson often said it was "Not in my dept" he evaded, but would have known what he was being asked about as he was an elder and in the writing dept at Bethel himself.
    • "Others at the ARC lied and misrepresented." said Ben.
    • When Ben questioned assumptions in the wt when put to the Elders as being wrong they replied "SO what."
    • Ben was judged as needing to do more in the f/s and improve his report card. This was considered more important than christian charitable things.

what have others seen?

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Diogenesister We'll let you wear a badge, maybe :smile:. Australian New Zealand Apostate... Colonoscopy.
    I don't know. Someone come up with a better C word.

Australian and New Zealand apostate Comrades???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit