Explain Your Avatar

by new boy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I know this thread has been done before. However maybe some of the new comers might like to know.

My avatar is the cover of my first novel "Your crazy life."

• cofty
    cofty

My avatar is the lights on the Royal Border Bridge on the River Tweed. I live nearby.

• jp1692
    jp1692

My avatar is a photograph of Daniel Day Lewis in the role of John Proctor from the movie The Crucible.

For those that don't know the story, it is based on the events of the Salem Witch Trials when--in Salem, Massachusetts in 1692--19 men and women, and two dogs, were accused of witchcraft and subsequently hanged for it.

My user name, jp1692, is John Proctor's initials and the year of the Salem Witch Trials.

The Crucible is a play by Arthur Miller based on these actual events, but adapted to reflect the then current hysteria in the United States during the Second Red Scare. This was the period of McCarthyism from the late 1940s through the 1950s when many people were being falsely accused of being communists and having their lives ruined. Two people, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, were actually executed as a result.

I thought this avatar and my corresponding username appropriate due to my final experiences with the JW Cult.

• "Falsely accused and convicted of witchcraft, I was hanged because I refused to say I believed in something which I did not." - John Proctor

In my case, I am shunned because I no longer profess to believe in the doctrines of the JW religion or unquestioningly follow its leadership.

• Onager
    Onager

My avatar is what came up when I googled "Mothman". Reason: I like moths.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

As a breeder and I also run a rescue for them my avatar is one of my 21 African Pygmy Hedgehogs. <3

• _Morpheus
  • Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

My favourite singer songwriter of all time, Harry Chapin, who sadly died far too young. This is from his album Sniper.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

I never expected more than one red pill to be possible. I was wrong...

• sparky1
    sparky1

My Avatar is David Bohm and Jiddu Krishnamurti in 'dialogue'. This represents for me my own inner dialogue. David Bohm is the rational, logical side of my nature devoted to reason and clear thinking without falling prey to scientism. Jiddu Krishnamurti is the loving, spiritual side of my nature devoted to love, honesty, kindness and spirituality with out falling prey to religiosity.

"Individuality is only possible if it unfolds from wholeness." - David Bohm

"When I understand myself, I understand you, and out of that understanding comes love." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I like cats. That and reaching for betterment everyday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit