Please vaccinate your children

by Viviane 68 Replies latest social family

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Do you mean "deaf" due to measles, or did they die?
  • Twitch
    Twitch

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one

• Viviane
    Viviane
    It's the cost of having a society, Twitch, you are correct. We have to balance personal rights and beliefs with the needs of society at large.
  • DJS
    DJS

From the Nightly News:

The Autism of America Society made a statement today that all parents should get their children vaccinated. They continued that vaccinations do not cause autism.

• blondie
    blondie

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/autism-speaks-urges-parents-vaccinate-children/story?id=28751485

A well-known autism advocacy group, Autism Speaks, is urging parents to vaccinate their children amid a measles outbreak that has already reached 14 states and infected 102 people last month.

Rob Ring, chief science officer of Autism Speaks, released a statement today stressing that vaccines do not cause autism, and parents should vaccinate.

"Over the last two decades, extensive research has asked whether there is any link between childhood vaccinations and autism," he said in the statement. "The results of this research are clear: Vaccines do not cause autism. We urge that all children be fully vaccinated." ....

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

"Vaccines did not save us"

https://childhealthsafety.wordpress.com/graphs/

Have you ever looked through any of the charts in this article?   The assumption that all these horrible diseases would be rampant today without vaccines is not well founded.   Most of our public health advances happened either before or separate from vaccines.   So while vaccine opponents occasionally show irrational fear.   I would say those wishing to force vaccination on everybody are ALSO succumbing to irrational fear.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thank you, Simon.

"The science is clear: The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork. Let's protect all our kids."~Hillary Clinton

"OMGWTFBBQ, why is there even a debate about this? Get your shots."~me

• rebel8
    rebel8

Sorry, nope, I need to say one thing more.

AZ pediatrician angry over cancer-fighting daughter's exposure to measles

When Dr. Tim Jacks' wife took their 3-year-old daughter, Maggie, to get routine lab work done after her latest round of chemotherapy, they thought everything went well. That changed when his family got a phone call from a Phoenix Children's Hospital representative telling them that someone with measles had been at the specialty and urgent care center in Mesa at the same time as Maggie.

While Jacks would like to see Maggie vaccinated, that's not possible while she's battling leukemia. Her compromised immune system puts her at risk for a variety of illnesses...
  • enigma1863
  • TD
    TD

I should probably look into getting a Measles booster.  I remember the live attenuated vaccine actually gave me measles way back when. 

--Not sure if that means I'm more susceptible or less susceptible now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit