love bombing meh

by Mysterious 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I keep hearing how everyone posts and says that no one in the congregation noticed or cared about them..I have the opposite problem. I can't get sick of miss anything and they are all swarming around me "making sure I'm okay" telling me "how much they missed me" and some of them quite sincere about it. I just wish they would all leave me the hell alone. Could it be that with the dubs it's either one extreme or another? I'm sure they'll be all over me again tonight since I was sick once again.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    Could it be that with the dubs it's either one extreme or another?

I have to say, I never seen the kind of caring you are talking about. My mom and I were talking. She says that she knows there are imperfections that she sees, and knows Jehovah sees them too. In the new system, they will be fixed. She wont leave, ever. They love Jehovah, so she will stay. I have seen my mom miss meetings, her dad died, her husband died, and no pouring out of love for her. She says, it's ok, they all have their own problems. I think it is their lack of love that had me start questioning. Even though it is driving you crazy, hey at least they show love in that kh.

Just trying to find the bright spot of it all.

• Maverick
    Maverick

Are you one of those really beautiful, charismatic types that people are just drawn to? In 24 years as dud I have seen a few of those types. Seem like people just feed off their very being. What you say is very abnormal. Maverick

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    some of them quit sincere about it

I think that's your key phrase there. Some. Of course, some people are caring, and as good a friends as you can be in an org where you may have to start shunning each other at a moment's notice. They do care, and don't want you to be sick, etc.

And then there's always those who see people acting concerned and are afraid if they don't trot right over and get their 2 cents in, that people will think they're not being 'loving' enough (brother and sister Up-and-coming are especially good at this...I knew one guy who bragged that he got made MS because he always met the elders at the door of the hall and shook their hands )

But then there are others who are just dying to get a little information that might be the least bit exciting, and looking for any evidence that you're up to something they can add to the gossip mills that add a thrill to their basically dull lives.

And there are others yet who hate to have people miss the meetings because, dammit, they had to be there and everyone should suffer equally...Ever notice how some JWs are incredibly threatened by the suggestion that some people they know might 'leave the trooth'? As if they needed the conviction of everyone around them that this was the right religion, to shore up their own??

• freelife
    freelife

I remember when i was in one kh i had tore up my knee and could not get out of my upstairs apartment. I only had one visitor from my kh in 2 months i did not even get 1 phone call. But when I was in my last hall and i had lost my interest in being a dub, I could not get away from them they were at my door every sat. and sun. It was horrible i could not keep them away until they showed up and i was having a big party with all of my worldly friends and we were all blasted out of our minds. That did the trick. i did not see them again.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If their sweet attentions are annoying, you need to come down with a serious virus, like apostatitis. JW's are deathly afraid of this virus, and they will refuse to come within 20 feet of you if they suspect you have it.

I suspect the warm welcome is because they do hope you are coming back to mother organization.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

The fond phrase around here by the diehards is "If I missed a meeting I'd fall out of the truth". How true that without the constant pressure on you a little time away can make you realize you no longer want to be part of it. It seems more than a few people are appalled a the number of meetings I've missed in the past few weeks, from being sick and disinclined to drag myself to the meeting if I had so much as the slightest excuse to stay home. Of course they were of the opinion I was probably on my deathbed since I had such a habit of never missing the meetings ever..

As for wanting gossip, they'll sure as hell get their fair share of that at the end of the month.

I remember time and again as one youth would leave "the truth" and the congregation would swarm their "friends" making them cut off all ties and ensuring the now "worldy" youth could not pull them away.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    without the constant pressure on you a little time away can make you realize you no longer want to be part of it

As my mom says..."Ain't that the screamen'ist truth!"

Funny, how, if you believe the Bible and the accounts of early Christians, J God's followers used to be able to hold onto their faith in isolation. If Joseph or Paul or John had been a JW they'da been oughta the truth for sure!

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Well I've been out for three years, some of the people were nice to me when I went to the memorial the year before last. Other than that I saw some at my Grandmother's funeral, mostly my mother's friends so they were for the most part nice to me. Other than that they have just let me live which I am very happy about. I heard the stories about elders taking it upon themselves to try to disfellowship people who left or make them disassociate. I think they feel I'm not worth the effort, it was pretty obvious I hated being there the whole time I was there, ever since I was like 7 they knew that. So they've pretty much just ignored me, I'm happy with that.

• midwest
    midwest

i've only gone to kh 3 times since my wife's indroctrine into the dub's , they have showered me with love affection & kindness & have completly ignorned my wife . is this common or i'm their next target , ha ha ha ''''

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit