The End of this world

by U.2.K. Tha Greate$t 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Is anybody here ready for armageddon?

Sure. Got my snacks and everything.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    But from my study's from the witness, they told me that sort of preaching was never going on.

Well the Witnesses that said that to you were full of shit. They still have evidence of this on their website. Open up any WT publication before 1995 and you'll find something. "The generation of 1914 will not pass away until all things have occured"

In 1995 they changed the meaning of the word "generation", so technically the 1914 generation thing still sorta applies, but they don't bother preaching this new light because they're trying to make the whole 1914 Generation doctrine fade from people's memories and their history.

Trust me, I grew up with this stupid belief. I was pretty mad when I found out they changed it. I believed a lie for over 20 years. I even believed it after I left the JWs.

As far as Armageddon goes, It'll come when it comes. Until then, I'm going to focus on today and any plans that I have for my life. If armageddon comes, I'll just have to rearrange my plans to work with the event. If I die at Armageddon, I can at least say I lived a damn good life. It's a waste to worry about a coming event with no fixed date. It's much like worrying about your parents' funerals even though they're still in good health.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

Jim, my thoughts exactly!

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Double Edge - That was hilarious!

• smack
    smack

I think we should all get an Armageddon Buddy. You'll need somebody to help you if you happen to survive. Start pairing off now, get your survival kit ready, start learning Hebrew. I think a few cans of baked beans, some of those high energy bars and a camel back should tide you over. A sturdy shovel to help bury the bones. I think the birds will be too full of rotten flesh to bother with skulls and hips.

I chose Vivamoose as Amargeddon Buddy. My standby choice is Frenchy. :)

Steve

Tasmanian Overbuddy

don't forget the can opener

• Gadget
    Gadget
    I chose Vivamoose as Amargeddon Buddy. My standby choice is Frenchy. :)

Doh! You beat me to it!

• Maverick
    Maverick

While your looking up to see if Jesus is coming to smite you, a bus could run you down. And THAT would be the end of your world! So watch where your going and let God take care of the rest! Maverick

• Dansk
    Dansk

Karen,

I do believe that every living thing is connected to the divine, and whether or not we remember what we've done or where we've lived, we will at some point, return back to the creator.

Interesting point! I remember very well my asking the PO (during my study) what happens to animals when they die. He replied that their life force goes back to the Creator (Jehovah baby). Now, THAT'S VERY interesting (looking back) as we were always told that the animals are lower than us. Why? Because they can't worship Jehovah - and yet here's this JW saying that an animal's life force goes back to God. The guy's contradicted himself - because if a lowly animal's life-force goes back to the Creator, then so does ours when we die, including at Armageddon for sake of argument - AND, surely that's where we'd like our life force to go!

Life force, the universe and atoms. Hmmmmmm. Very interesting!

Ian

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

If you read Revelation 16-19 in context, and apply normal rules of interpretation, Armageddon is seen to be a massing of earth's armies under the command of the Antichrist (the 'beast') to oppose Christ at His visible return. The armies are vanquished and the 'beast' is cast into the lake of fire.

We could argue all day about what is literal or figurative in those chapters (in fact, Christians have argued about that for almost 2000 years), but what clearly does not emerge is a picture of an invisible God annihilating everybody on the planet who isn't a productive member of a certain book-publishing company aka false prophet. That is a fiction created by the Watchtower to keep the troops in line through fear. Armageddon in the Bible is a specific event in a specific part of the world at a specific time. It is not a mass slaughter of the vast majority of the world's population.

Am I ready for it? "Amen. Come, Lord Jesus."

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Is anybody here ready for armageddon?

Bring it on.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit