So I was at a jw wedding and guess what!

by nowwhat? 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

A realisation of what all of us here have learned - It's all a bloody waste of time and energy, And, that's not even going near all the missed opportunities to do something really useful in our lived

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

We need to watch this space ,it could get very interesting not only for what the GB decide but also for how the R&F will react to the decision.

We had a similar experience with an old still in JW friend a month or so ago who said" hooray no more witnessing and no more meetings to attend " or words similar.

And we haven`t heard from her since .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some of the fringe drifters will have disappeared during Covid, but you know what?

The sheeplike obedient will have a private grumble about going back but they will fall in line and do it. Once into routine it will seem normal. They have too much to lose by not going.

• zachias
    zachias

or the wt/gb will create some international scandal in an attempt to frighten the masses back into the fold.

As Australia has been a source of so much distress to the gb with the CARC and the wt here having, been forced, to join the NRS they will excommunicate Australia.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I am delighted, but not surprised to hear of this.

It occurred to me that this Covid 'break' from the normal routine...

afforded to some JWs, perhaps for the first time in their lives...

a small respite, of sorts...?

I reckon that an average JW, after enjoying some of this 'break'...

would not be too eager to bear the WT burdens again...

I expect that there will be ample opportunity to minimize KH attendance via 'Zoom' (if not dodge it completely)...

Same with FS. Why knock on doors, when letter writing (and cart-sitting) are apparently acceptable alternatives for YHVH?

The Tower may do it's damnedest to re-compress that spring. It won't be easy.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Freedom is a wonderful thing that born in JW's have never experienced. I would think that anything as simple as having the time to read a good book, enjoy a musical instrument, cooking, baking, etc free from the watchful eye and criticism of "Big Brother" from the Congregation would be invigorating. The elephant with the chain around his leg perhaps has figured out the chain is not tied to anything and that he has the power to overcome the chain. It will be interesting to see. Years ago, the CO's went on the warpath to get rid of people on the phone lines listening in on the meetings as they were second-class citizens.

• Ding
    Ding

They have gotten a taste of what it is to live as a normal human being, but the GB won't let that go on for long. Sadly, soon most of them will have forgotten just as surely as they have forgotten 1975.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ding ,and everybody else.who has a hearing ear including myself.

Sadly, soon most of them will have forgotten just as surely as they have forgotten 1975

Just as they did with 6000 years of human existence on earth in the late 1800`s ?

1914 Armageddon

Then 1918-19

1925 the faithful such as Abraham being resurrected to live in Beth Sarim ?

The second world war 1939-45 that was to usher in the new world

1975 was a re-adjusted date for the end of 6000 years of humans on earth when it would be an appropriate time for Jesus Christ to begin his 1000 year reign ?

The new system would be here by the end of the 20th Century ?

And here we are in 2021 with all of those false expectations not coming to pass what fools are we to believe anything that comes out of the mouths of any of the GB members of Jehovah`s Witnesses.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The major topic of conversation was that almost all do not want to go back to the meetings and field service!

Understandable. Even when I was a zealot, I hated these 2 things.

And we are talking very zealous and active witnesses!

...well, they have to pretend to be 'spiritual(TM)' or the witch hunt begins.

• Syme
    Syme

Of course they'd not want to return to physical meetings. With zoom they save a sh*tload of money on gas, they don't have to go out in the cold and rain, they can do other stuff while attending the meeting...

The interesting thing is, all the aforementioned things didn't bother any jw pre Covid, because they were not just used to it, that was their way of life. But now...? The restarting of all these activities, and sacrifices, will bother some, I believe.

Have you ever noticed how angry truck drivers get when a driver in front of them goes too slowly? Why do they get angry? Because they have inertia. And because the inertia of a truck is huge, if he's forced to slow down, it will take him some time to return to cruise speed again.

That's what's going to happen with jdubs when they'll have to restart going to meetings. They will get back eventually, but they will feel the difference. And some will get frustrated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit